Touching Base with Tara Mueller

No Coast Bias did a good "Where Are They Now" segment with Tara. Here's an excerpt. Click the headline for the full article.

Where are they now? – Huskers Edition: Tara Mueller

Derek Hernandez

Q: What made you decide to go to Nebraska as opposed to staying closer to home and attending one of the Pac-10 schools that were recruiting you?

A: It was my unofficial visit and I just remembered walking into the coliseum on gameday. I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. I grew up going to Arizona State volleyball games. They play in a big basketball arena and they play in front of maybe a couple hundred fans scattered and that’s what I was used to.

When I came on my visit to Nebraska I remembered walking into the gym and it was PACKED. The atmosphere, the vibe and everything, I was like, “Oh my god, how can you not want to be a part of this?” It was amazing.

Then also, just the staff sold me.

Just being shown around and seeing the other facilities and staff – the weight room, the nutritionist, the strength coaches, the academic side of everything – it was just meeting all those people and seeing there was so much there to help you be successful. Lee Maes was there and obviously Coach Cook. I knew they had everything there to make me the best that I could be so I knew that Nebraska was the right place for me.

I have to add, the success of Nebraska, I wanted to win a national championship. This was the place I needed to be to make that happen.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...