NU/MU game outcome

Wolverine Bluejay:

I know that you are excited about riling up NU fans with trash threads. You and we NU fans know that your program is farther along than ours in terms of experience with the offense, defense and special teams, as well as, the years in which the coaching staff there has been with your program. The quality of athletes you have, by most reasonable opinions, is also superior. You obviously played a tougher schedule this year than did the Huskers.

Given the above what are you trying to accomplish with your unsportman-like comments? It's quite obvious that MU has, by far, the most to lose. If you don't win by the better's point spread, you're a loser by comparison standards. If you happen to lose the game, in an upset, you are tremendous losers. So, therefore you should be very concerned that your superior team team might not show!

Be a decent sport and talk about the vagaries of the game, rather than the emotional trash. I see enough of that garbage from the Colorado Buffies and the Oakland Raiders here in Colorado. I attended Ohio St, while getting my MA, and I can tell you that the most vile fans I've ever seen were those from Michigan breaking store front windows and trashing cars just like low life hoodlums while they were in Columbus for the BIG game. So, please don't embarass yourself with tripe that is unbecomign of someone who supposedly went to school and has caring parents!!!

Wolverine Bluejay:

I know that you are excited about riling up NU fans with trash threads. You and we NU fans know that your program is farther along than ours in terms of experience with the offense, defense and special teams, as well as, the years in which the coaching staff there has been with your program. The quality of athletes you have, by most reasonable opinions, is also superior. You obviously played a tougher schedule this year than did the Huskers.

Given the above what are you trying to accomplish with your unsportman-like comments? It's quite obvious that MU has, by far, the most to lose. If you don't win by the better's point spread, you're a loser by comparison standards. If you happen to lose the game, in an upset, you are tremendous losers. So, therefore you should be very concerned that your superior team team might not show!

Be a decent sport and talk about the vagaries of the game, rather than the emotional trash. I see enough of that garbage from the Colorado Buffies and the Oakland Raiders here in Colorado. I attended Ohio St, while getting my MA, and I can tell you that the most vile fans I've ever seen were those from Michigan breaking store front windows and trashing cars just like low life hoodlums while they were in Columbus for the BIG game. So, please don't embarass yourself with tripe that is unbecomign of someone who supposedly went to school and has caring parents!!!

I'm not takin shots at you Roy.. I'm takin shots at the NU fans that make it seem as if Nebraska has a really good shot at winning. Since you obviously know that it would be a huge upset and have no problem dealing with the reality of the situation, I have no problem with you. But for people thinking that the CO game was a great accomplishment and that because NU has the same record, they need to open their eyes and realize how ridiculous of a comparison this is. You can't say NU has a great shot at beating UofM just because they have the same record and you beat CO. Colorado has proven to be pretty sh**ty these past 2 weeks, so you can't say that the Huskers are going to beat Michigan by two scores. Michigan played an elite schedule in a conference with some pretty competitive teams and Michigan did play the top teams in the BigTen.. including ND, at team which has shown poise and ranks in the top 5 this year. If you are going to make predictions, atleast make it qualified... people saying that NU is going to win by more than 2 scores are ridiculous. Sure, it could happen in God's green earth, but whose really placing bets on that. It's like predicting when the jackpot is gonna hit. I do not have time for people like this and nor do I care for such a stupid post.

I respect the fact that people care about Nebraska football, but be realistic.. oh and some people on here cannot take or make a joke. Where is the lack of creativity on this board? If you can make some heat, why can't you take any. Who cares about this discussion board if there's no conflicts of interests/ideas.. It's discussion and if you can't handle strong adversity then your opinions are weak and frankly, I think you should consider not even posting them. Sack up and make valid points, talking about '97, '95 and '94 means squat. All those players, situations, etc... have passed into the woodwork. Make an argument that matters to THIS YEAR, not some bull$hit about 9 years ago. If you want to talk about history/tradition then fine, but you can't pass that off as something that matters here and now. If you do want to talk about tradition/history then I could say we have an alltime winning record against Nebraska, in fact you've beat us once.. but does that matter now? Different coaches, different players... etc... So learn some skills in the art of argumentation and bring up things that actually are meaningful.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

For those that may actually bring up good points, my apologies.

boy that was artful wovlverine!.......now genius look back at your ridiculous posts and foul mouth that have nothing to do with debating the skills of the teams..looks like the kettle calling the pot black to me.....but i see that it's your style, classless, like most CU fans......all I can say is if NU beats your guys, have the balls to come back and take your licks junior! :wacko:

hunter

boy that was artful wovlverine!.......now genius look back at your ridiculous posts and foul mouth that have nothing to do with debating the skills of the teams..looks like the kettle calling the pot black to me.....but i see that it's your style, classless, like most CU fans......all I can say is if NU beats your guys, have the balls to come back and take your licks junior! :wacko:

hunter

CU fans are classless? I was at the NIT game where Nebraska actually beat Creighton and I would hardly call the Husker fans "classy." Spilling beer all over the Qwest Center and barking it up about your one win in like forever- yeah, you guys are way more holy than us.

Sounds like you're just salty that we trump your sorry basketball team just about every year.

I particularly enjoyed the 26 point thrashing, even though we didn't have our best player and didn't really play a good game. You guys are awesome.

In other words, don't say we're classless simply because we are better than you in a major sport and compete with you in others, despite the fact that Nebraska is about 10x as big. That and the fact that Creighton is a far better academic institution. If you want to argue against that sometime, I'm all game for it.

hunter

Learn some english too, your grammar is what is artful.. I mean awful

hunter

Learn some english too, your grammar is what is artful.. I mean awful

i do believe that his grammer is fine. he was saying that your post was artful (full of art). :sarcasm

GBR beat UM :power:power:power:power

I recommend that you try to act as a sportsman and not let your emotions rule you. So what if you think some fans are being unrealistic? That doesn't mean that you have to be obnoxious back toward them. Just act like a mature person and keep with a reasonable discussion. This is not about you trying to convince someone or many that they are ridiculous, but rather add to a meaningful discussion. If you continue to do what you have been doing, either you'll be shut down like some of the NU fans by this board's administrator or you'll just be blowing in the wind. What have you then accomplished?

My advice to you is, respond as you would expect others to act.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. Creighton is only better if your going to be a doctor. I am part of a top fifteen program at UNL, so dont insult me by blathering about how much better your school is academically than mine. Think before you post.

Alright, I'd have to agree with that somewhat. The schools leading into medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and nursing are great. I tend to focus on that because that's where I am. I guess I can't speak on behalf of the other schools. Speaking of the health science related programs though, people come from all over the country to go to Creighton-- because it has a strong reputation and a proven system of producing great health professionals. I have no idea about our law programs or graduate business field-- or any of the artsy-fartsy fields, so UNL may well be better in those areas.

I also know our football team was undefeated this season ;-)

This still leaves the point that CU fans are just as classy as Husker fans. I mean come on-- there's a good chunk of the state that trades in their Husker red for Bluejay blue during basketball season.. sad, but true... so in effect, a lot of these people come from the same fan base. I really think the only reason any Husker fans would dislike Creighton would be due to some sort of jealousy of because of Creighton's success in basketball-- and maybe even the competitiveness that our baseball team shows at times.

Maybe there's resentment because some people associate Creighton with the whole Creighton Prep/Marian association that ties in with the whole "stuck-up private school" thing. I did my undergrad at Creighton and came from a public high school, but I never really saw that kind of attitude from most Creighton kids. So personally I think it's just some kind of unfounded stigma.

I think the real key to Creighton being a great school is that it's only 4000 undergrads or so and it has a full complement of grad programs... so if you want to go to Medical or Dental school, you've got a leg-up on the competition because you're a Creighton student AND you have a much smaller pool of competition that comes from your school for getting in. Whereas at Lincoln, you've got 30-40 thousand students vying for a similar amount of seats in each grad program as are available at Creighton. So basically, it's way advantageous to go to Creighton in that light. I'd be willing to bet that there's way more "pre-meds/dents/etc/etc" that go by the wayside at UNL than are at CU... but statistically you'd expect that given the numbers. You'd think it'd be so much less stressful then... but honestly it's not since they make you pay for it in the classroom. You take the bad with the good I guess. Clinic setting is great at Creighton too because patient base is huge too. I don't know what it's like at Lincoln, so I really couldn't compare that.

So that was entirely getting off subject, so I should at least end this with something in the spirit of the game..

GO BLUE!!!!! I hope Taylor likes the #78, because that's what he's going to have imprinted across his jersey all day long. ;-)

Don't disrespect your team by being an idiot and trying to prove something with words, it must be hard to envy fans like we have. I can tell you this most Michigan fans are not like you. You are a banwagen fan with little knowledge.

Who is that directed to? If it's me.. ah yeah, I'm from Michigan and grew up a Wolverine fan. Band wagon indeed...

If it's not directed at me-- then ignore this post :-P