Potential new Big Ten bowls lineup

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130521/projected-conference-bowl-lineups/#ixzz2TyL3q2jq

I like the lineup. Not a Big Fan of playing in the ghettos of NYC in late December but like the California bowls.

Projected 2014-19 lineup:

1. Rose*

2-4. Capital One

2-4. Outback

2-4. Holiday

5-7. Music City/Gator**

5-7. Kraft Fight Hunger

5-7. Pinstripe

TBD: Detroit bowl

TBD: Military? Heart of Dallas? Armed Forces?

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130521/projected-conference-bowl-lineups/#ixzz2U1zVR3KE

[/left]

I thought I read somewhere that the payouts of Pinstripe and Holiday went up as part of the new deal...my guess is that the tiering will work out something like this :

Projected 2014-19 lineup:

1. Rose*

2-4. Capital One

2-4. Outback

2-4. Holiday

5-6. Pinstripe

5-6. Music City/Gator**

7-9: Kraft Fight Hunger

7-9: Detroit bowl

7-9: Military? Heart of Dallas? Armed Forces?

I like the idea of going to NYC for a game. I guess we'll get a chance with Rutgers, now, but I think that it would be an interesting change-of-pace. Although, even getting the 3-5 ACC team could be some pretty crap competition.

Bottom line, I'd be more satisifed if we finish high enough not to have to worry about it. Cool article.

The B1G had the toughest bowl line up of any conference and usually went below 500 and was blasted by the media, which has to affect recruiting in some fashion. From the early 2000s the B1G usually had 3 games vs the SEC usually in Florida or New Orleans, played USC in LA and the B12 in Texas. A few of those years, the B1G had 2 teams selected for BCS games (based on who would fill the stadiums and hotels) and as a result the second BCS team was usually playing "up" against a higher ranked team (2008 #10 OSU vs #3 Texas in Fiesta) and the remaining B1G teams then had to play "up" vs much higher ranked teams. Back 2010, an unranked Mich team had to play #12 Miss State, B1G #7 Iowa had to play B12 #2/3 Oklahoma (who was ranked #1 for much of the year). So the B1G was paired with the SEC (3 games) B12 (2/3 games) and PAC (1 game) - no games vs the weaker conferences ACC, BE, CUSA. Hopefully the new bowl match ups result in more balanced match ups and a better B1G record.