Good news for us re: Obamacare/ACA

Some more fuel to the fire -

http://newsbusters.o...l#ixzz2jJGbh1b1

93 MILLION WILL LOSE THEIR PLANS!!!!!

only to have them replaced with more comprehensive plans. Meanwhile upwards of 10 million will have insurance that didn't have it before. THE HUMANITY

And is there additional costs involved in those 93 million? Of course, otherwise those people would just say "NO". Oh, the lies we swallow. And why?

Addendum: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/10/30/cnn-white-house-pressuring-insurance-companies-not-criticize-obamacar

He wants to be. Seriously lacking so far. The Homer Simpson of dictators.

Oh, I don't know Carl. Maybe, an IRS audit. NSA scrutiny. FBI search and seizure. Just those three off the top of my head. No more sleepovers in the Lincoln bedroom. IDK

• Fire 1

He wants to be. Seriously lacking so far. The Homer Simpson of dictators.

Ah.

Oh, I don't know Carl. Maybe, an IRS audit. NSA scrutiny. FBI search and seizure. Just those three off the top of my head. No more sleepovers in the Lincoln bedroom. IDK

Any evidence of the White House directing scrutiny of this type at political opponents? Or is it really just off the top of your head?

only to have them replaced with more comprehensive plans. Meanwhile upwards of 10 million will have insurance that didn't have it before. THE HUMANITY

And is there additional costs involved in those 93 million? Of course, otherwise those people would just say "NO". Oh, the lies we swallow. And why?

For most, no.

The healthy, wealthy, and young subgroup being the exception. And they have it so gosh dang rough already.

For most, no.

The healthy, wealthy, and young subgroup being the exception. And they have it so gosh dang rough already.

Define 'wealthy' to me. I don't follow this sh#t at all and am wondering what income brackets will have to pick up the slack.

• Fire 1

yo beanman,

just crank out 3-4 kids; you'll be fine.

I have 3, but I also make decent money. I was serious about not following along with all this crap. I had kinda hoped I could just keep the policy I have through work. I'm stuck at 3 kids cause my wife had me neutered last summer, but I'm sure I could find a volunteer to impregnate her if that would help LOL.

So far, my wife's insurance hasn't changed. But the organization she works for has more than 600 employees. The majority of whom are union members. She is not a card carrying member of said organization.

I think it depends on the dreaded "policy changes" made after 2010. Or if your policy meets government minimum standards. Supposedly, there are multimillions of people out there who have policies that don't meet MDR.

And there are the stories of both huge savings and cost increases.

Glenn Beck even has his own personal analogy: http://www.theblaze....re-to-children/

And no we don't have it real rough; but have had to work to get where we are. Nobody has handed us anything. But that is our fault.

• Fire 1

1385983_173086896228160_730951778_n.jpg

My Older Sister sent this to me..She's been to so many Dr.s and had several surgeries..Had a stroke when she was 30 and developed M.S. shortly after..I don't know HOW she gets insured..

A document thousands of pages long was voted on, passed, and signed into law without anybody reading what it said. The people who passed it have exempted themselves from it while basically ramming it down our throats. AND THESE SAME PEOPLE have the NERVE TO TELL US HOW POPULAR IT IS AND HOW MUCH WE LOVE IT!
  • Fire 1

I'm now "an Idiot" for being "nearly 100% healthy?

You’re not an idiot, you’re just being completely insensitive to those who aren’t fortunate to be healthy like you.

Healthy like ME"? Last Cardiologist I went to wanted to put me on a program for one of his instructors and he to eventually publish because my Cholesterol and Triglycerides were so high...Triglycerides were in the 780 range..I told him I'd get back to them as soon as I got another job with Health insurance (My company just moved overseas) and I was lucky? to still have insurance while I had my first MI..

My Dad died from his a few weeks after I graduated from high school and I'm about his age now..and about 70 lbs heavier than he was...It's been 5 years now since I've seen that Dr... And after trying to do a drug study on a cholesterol lowering drug (part of my evil plan to get free medical service and make some money for my 12 year old's college fund) My cholesterol is now less than 230...I stopped taking my meds as soon as my Divorce was final and I guess my own really bad cooking must have helped or something..anyway..Sadly...My Cholesterol is now too low to do the study..

I haven't been able to afford health insurance for about 6 years now.

Well, if only there was some massive healthcare overhaul designed to allow people access to affordable insurance who wouldn’t be able to get it otherwise?

That WOULD be nice...But I really fear if we settle for this ACA/Obamacare crap, it will set back that dream for decades..

I don't blame/credit either political party for this "Affordable" Care Act. They can get lost in the blaming of each other for it fine all by themselves, when it's more likely funded by the EVIL Insurance Industry...They were almost tolerable when they were just investing our money while charging us crazy interest rates for us to borrow our own money..(Term Life vs. Whole Life)..Now that they can't make near as much in the Stock Market investing our premiums, they start pressuring our elected officials to strike a deal to guarantee EVERY worker has to fund them through premiums... I mean...get insurance with a tasty compromise that "pre-existing" conditions won't affect our ability to get care.

On the surface, that sounds "sorta" fair...I'd like to think I could have gotten a better deal, but I doubt it.

My own experiences aside, I just DON'T TRUST INSURANCE COMPANIES, and I don't see them paying for everything that can happen to everybody...They'll start off denying any "Experimental Procedures" that show promise in other countries, and fight tooth and nail to keep them from being approved without decades of research and testing...

Kidding, but I wouldn't put it past them to start making the hard decisions about denying older folks from getting care that would extend their lives and just focus on trying to make them comfortable..Which maybe they should in order to do what's "best for your country and humanity and your future". (Sounds a little "Hitler Youth" creepy seeing it that way)

It's more than a little retarded to trust big business to actually care about our health when it's in their best interest (short term) to collect the premiums and run.

I totally agree, but there’s zero chance of getting any real solution right now. We’re probably 40 years away from getting the ACTUAL solution, being the single-payer system of course. Republicans love them some capitalism and big business, even when it’s completely horrifically broken. I’m all for regulated capitalism, but health care is one area where capitalism simply cannot work, due to the infinite self-valuing of our own lives. Our lives and our well-being are, at the end of the day, all we have. Normal supply-and-demand economic rules do not apply – insurance companies and healthcare providers can price gouge until they milk us dry.

Why is this a partisan issue with so many people?

Didn't Both sides have a hand in dreaming this crazy thing up?,,,Or was it the World Banks / Insurance Companies / Illuminati...(Kidding... I hope).

Why in the "Wide World of Sports" settle for "zero" or "any" real solution?. at a cost of gazillion$$$ and probable longer extention "40 years" of "Actual Solution "?

That's sorta like hiring a Bill Callahan after we get rid of Bo in hopes that Scott Frost will be ready by the time we fire Billy C again. .

If our Government seriously feels like wrecking..I mean ..Taking over something, I wish they'd leave Medicine alone and just take over the Insurance industry...Socialize That!!!

I mean, in a sense, that’s basically what they are doing.

In WHAT Sense?

Basically?

I knew as soon as I wrote the part about the Gov leaving Medicine healthcare alone and taking over Insurance, I should try to come up with a more better example, but Lack of sleep was making my braim a little lazy? or something...

But really..It might be more beneficial for a hostile takeover of the insurance industry...Imagine how many 6 and 7 figure income jobs they could eliminate and more effectively contribute to greater unemployment...

Our H.R. guy was so busy patting himself on the back and telling us our company was contributing so much more to our insurance and getting "really good insurance" with a $5 drop in premiums no less...I almost fell for it...I'd just saved enough fixing my own air conditioner to pay for a year's premiums, so I probably could get it and STILL keep my health club membership...But with the promise of Health Insurance, who needs to go?....

Now almost Daily, I hear a co-worker complain about having to find new Dr.s..Not being able to get meds in 3 month packages to save on co-pays? $5000-$10,000 deductibles...Getting better deals by going around the insurance company because a Dr doesn't want to have to deal with this particular insurer...THAT'S the sort of crap I wish could be corrected..

Now I realize, I'm trying (and mostly failing) to overcome some mighty powerful paradigms here...

Real men don't go to Dr.s...Only Wimmen really want insurance..'cause they're such worriers..

But have you ever seen a male in the audience of a Dr. OZ show?...

It was so hard to watch that show at first, because those ladies were fawning all over the Vulcan like nobody ever paid any attention to their "conditions" before..

And What IS it with Women and cats?..Or Horses?...Or Dr's? OK..Dr's I sorta get...They had all the great vibrators in the 50's and 60's and seemed to know a lot about anatomy.

I know what...Let's Just make females get Insurance!!!

• Fire 1

Individuals who are vigorously opposed to buying health insurance should be able to opt out by waiving their right to emergency medical services, in the same way you can choose not to have auto insurance by not driving, or mortgage insurance by not having a mortgage. That seems completely fair and sensible. Eventually, I think we'd get use to ambulances driving off or ERs baring their door to dying people; I mean, it would be their choice, right? I assume that those of you who who don't want to carry health insurance would be first in line to sign up.

Individuals who are vigorously opposed to buying health insurance should be able to opt out by waiving their right to emergency medical services, in the same way you can choose not to have auto insurance by not driving, or mortgage insurance by not having a mortgage. That seems completely fair and sensible. Eventually, I think we'd get use to ambulances driving off or ERs baring their door to dying people; I mean, it would be their choice, right? I assume that those of you who who don't want to carry health insurance would be first in line to sign up.

So that means all hospitals can refuse treatment of illegal aliens then ??

A document thousands of pages long was voted on, passed, and signed into law . . .

The legislative audacity!

. . . without anybody reading what it said.

No.

The people who passed it have exempted themselves from it while basically ramming it down our throats.

No.

AND THESE SAME PEOPLE have the NERVE TO TELL US HOW POPULAR IT IS AND HOW MUCH WE LOVE IT!

I'd never tell someone that they have to love it. That said, I do expect intellectual honesty.