Good news for us re: Obamacare/ACA

Find something with real and complete numbers and than we'll talk, not some hack job that only has the guarentee of the author.

Let's be honest with each other . . . you don't care about the real numbers because you don't need numbers to tell you that Obamacare is bad.

On the other hand, look one post up if you're actually interested in real numbers. Heck. Go one better and go look them up yourself and post the results here.

So......we are just supposed to "trust" this author on information about her current plan, health, income...bla bla bla???

Oh yeah...because everyone who puts information out on that side of the story is to be trusted....correct?

Wait.....maybe I'm just being delusional because I'm in such shock that her current plan has a deductible in "the thousands".

Never mind.

You can always get a policy with a HSA to help with your higher deductible. I'm not saying ObamaCare is the right idea, obviously, there are many issues. But, if this is the future and higher deductibles are what you face, some as high as $4000 for individual plans, then you need to be proactive. Unlike the last 3 years of the current administration. (can't explain the troubles with their website, really??! You had 3 years to get this up and going, typical government contractors)

Just checked the Covered California website myself . . . here's 45yo Deborah's options according to my search: (FWIW, I used 45 as her age. $100,000 as her annual income. 92596 as her Zip.) Ebk6kt8.pngvNN0WNO.png I'm sure that the credulous will be more than eager to try it for themselves.. :lol:https://www.coveredca.com/

So the article from Prospect.org said:

"If she bought a plan on the individual market for $293 a month, I can guarantee you it barely deserved to be called insurance at all (I've bought insurance like this on the individual market). It probably had a deductible in the thousands of dollars and had substantial cost-sharing for any significant medical event. But the story doesn't tell us what sort of insurance she has."

Now using YOUR parameters the quotes are 281, 296, 301 and 302 for the Silver and 230, 245, 247 and 249 for the Bronze. So does that mean that those barely deserved to be called insurance?

Another question I have is if this idea of Obamacare is so good, why did the Federal Government have to pass a law and basically force everyone to be on it?

Now using YOUR parameters the quotes are 281, 296, 301 and 302 for the Silver and 230, 245, 247 and 249 for the Bronze. So does that mean that those barely deserved to be called insurance?

Why would you say that? Under the ACA, health insurance must offer a specified level of coverage:

A set of health care service categories that must be covered by certain plans, starting in 2014.

The Affordable Care Act ensures health plans offered in the individual and small group markets, both inside and outside of the Health Insurance Marketplace, offer a comprehensive package of items and services, known as essential health benefits. Essential health benefits must include items and services within at least the following 10 categories: ambulatory patient services; emergency services; hospitalization; maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care.

Insurance policies must cover these benefits in order to be certified and offered in the Health Insurance Marketplace. States expanding their Medicaid programs must provide these benefits to people newly eligible for Medicaid.

https://www.healthca...ealth-benefits/

Another question I have is if this idea of Obamacare is so good, why did the Federal Government have to pass a law and basically force everyone to be on it?

What do you think that people are required to "be on"?

So......we are just supposed to "trust" this author on information about her current plan, health, income...bla bla bla???

Her health or her income doesn't matter for a plan on the exchange (other than income matters for subsidies).

Oh yeah...because everyone who puts information out on that side of the story is to be trusted....correct?

You apparently think that I've said this?

Why would you say that? Under the ACA, health insurance must offer a specified level of coverage:

A set of health care service categories that must be covered by certain plans, starting in 2014.

The Affordable Care Act ensures health plans offered in the individual and small group markets, both inside and outside of the Health Insurance Marketplace, offer a comprehensive package of items and services, known as essential health benefits. Essential health benefits must include items and services within at least the following 10 categories: ambulatory patient services; emergency services; hospitalization; maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care.

Insurance policies must cover these benefits in order to be certified and offered in the Health Insurance Marketplace. States expanding their Medicaid programs must provide these benefits to people newly eligible for Medicaid.

https://www.healthca...ealth-benefits/

What do you think that people are required to "be on"?

First, why should I be force to pay, as a Single Male, never married, with no children, for Maternity/Newborn and Pediatric coverage?

Second, it is the law that everyone is to be covered by some sort of insurace that meets these One Coverage Fits All standards as set by Obamacare or pay a "fine"....oops I mean "tax".

First, why should I be force to pay, as a Single Male, never married, with no children, for Maternity/Newborn and Pediatric coverage?

Do you have insurance now?

Second, it is the law that everyone is to be covered by some sort of insurace that meets these One Coverage Fits All standards as set by Obamacare or pay a "fine"....oops I mean "tax".

Again, what do you mean by the federal government forcing someone to be on Obamacare?

Do you have insurance now?

Again, what do you mean by the federal government forcing someone to be on Obamacare?

Yes I do have insurance now. According to my coverage which is in Obamacare "standards" I am covered for Maternity/Childcare, btw as I said earlier, I'm a single male, never married and no kids. So why do I have to pay for this?

I'm also covered for Family Planning to include abortions or as they put it "Health services and associated expenses for surgical, non-surgical, or drug-induced Pregnancy termination."

I'm Pro-Life, so please tell me why along with what I posted earlier should I have to pay for this?

The law states that you have to prove when you file your taxes that you have coverage that meets the "standards" as set by Obamacare or pay a "fine" or as the United Supreme Court Ruled it a "tax". That is what is meant by being forced to be on Obamacare.

Yes I do have insurance now. According to my coverage which is in Obamacare "standards" I am covered for Maternity/Childcare, btw as I said earlier, I'm a single male, never married and no kids. So why do I have to pay for this?

I'm also covered for Family Planning to include abortions or as they put it "Health services and associated expenses for surgical, non-surgical, or drug-induced Pregnancy termination."

I'm Pro-Life, so please tell me why along with what I posted earlier should I have to pay for this?

If you have insurance now, and have had insurance in the past, the money that you've paid in premiums is partially paid out to other people who are receiving medical care even if you aren't sick. Why did you (or should you) pay for their medical care?

The law states that you have to prove when you file your taxes that you have coverage that meets the "standards" as set by Obamacare or pay a "fine" or as the United Supreme Court Ruled it a "tax". That is what is meant by being forced to be on Obamacare.

There is no such thing as being "on Obamacare." There is health insurance offered by private insurers and in some states there is an expansion of Medicaid.

There is no "Obamacare" to be forced on to. I think that we need to amend Pelosi's quote so that it says that even after it passed many don't know what is in it.

So in other words, you can't answer why I should have to pay for coverage that I don't need.

Also you know exactly how the term Obamacare has always been used as a nickname for the Individual Mandate of the ACA and the entire ACA overall.

Lastly, I though that you were an intelligent person but after seeing how you talked down myself and others in this thread and do nothing but parrot the Pro-Obamacare talking points I see that I might have gravely been mistaken.

So in other words, you can't answer why I should have to pay for coverage that I don't need.

No. I was trying to give you a personal example instead of just saying "risk pooling."

But if you'd prefer, the answer is risk pooling.

Also you know exactly how the term Obamacare has always been used as a nickname for the Individual Mandate of the ACA and the entire ACA overall.

No. I've never heard someone (other than you, apparently) refer to the individual mandate portion of the ACA as Obamacare. I have heard the entire ACA referred to as Obamacare.

Given that, what you're trying to argue doesn't really make sense. You said that the federal government is forcing people to be on Obamacare. It doesn't really make sense for you to say that the federal government (through the individual mandate) is forcing people to be on the individual mandate.

Lastly, I though that you were an intelligent person but . . . I see that I might have gravely been mistaken.

:(

Lastly, I though that you were an intelligent person but after seeing how you talked down myself and others in this thread and do nothing but parrot the Pro-Obamacare talking points I see that I might have gravely been mistaken.

Always love spelling errors in posts by people calling out the intelligence of others. It is a personal fave.

• Fire 1