**13 Fascinating Facts about the Huskers**

I was a little surprised to see that we had the best conference record since joining the B1G.

-Not Ohio State

-Not Michigan

-Not Wisconsin

I know it doesn't really matter unless we have a trophy to show for it, but it's still a pretty good start for this new era of Husker football.

Is it August 31st yet???

One of those two years OSU did have its most losses in a single season since the 1800s, so that probably helped a little :hmmph

And one of those years they had the fewest losses they've ever had.

• Fire 1

I was a little surprised to see that we had the best conference record since joining the B1G.

-Not Ohio State

-Not Michigan

-Not Wisconsin

I know it doesn't really matter unless we have a trophy to show for it, but it's still a pretty good start for this new era of Husker football.

Is it August 31st yet???

One of those two years OSU did have its most losses in a single season since the 1800s, so that probably helped a little :hmmph

I'm aware.

What's your point?

I was poking fun at my team, lighten up Francis

Here's a couple of other "Fascinating Facts" about the 2012 Huskers...

2012 was only the second year in Nebraska history where two teams scored over 60 points against them in a game (2007 being the other)

The 2012 Husker defense gave up the 2nd highest number of points in Nebraska history (Opponents scored more in 2007)

When you think that Ohio State and Wisconsin combined to score more points in two games than the 1984 Huskers gave up in a whole season....maybe somebody better be concentrating more on defense and stop with all the offensive hype.

• Fire 2

"Nebraska set a school record with 330 first downs last season"

That stat is ridiculous............

Till you realize about a quarter of those first downs were against Idaho State, Arkansas State and Southern Mississippi....

So 25% of our first downs were in 21% of our games. Probably similar to any other team if you look at their three best games.

When you think that Ohio State and Wisconsin combined to score more points in two games than the 1984 Huskers gave up in a whole season....maybe somebody better be concentrating more on defense and stop with all the offensive hype.

Cy's right. If we as fans on an internet forum do not refocus our thread on improving the defense, it's sure to affect our team's actual performance on the field this year.

• Fire 4