Squawk Box v. Sen. Elizabeth Warren

Politics in the modern era: If the data isn't on your side, just yell louder. Elizabeth Warren is a smart lady. Bipartisan Senate support means... the House will destroy it. Interesting that the Senate seems so much more functional than the House.

Politics in the modern era: If the data isn't on your side, just yell louder. Elizabeth Warren is a smart lady. Bipartisan Senate support means... the House will destroy it. Interesting that the Senate seems so much more functional than the House.

The Senate I think has the advantage of only having 100 members, making compromise easier to achieve. Most Senators are going to know each other, and know that if someone is going to support a bill, or how best to "achieve" support for a bill. The HOR, is so big, and encompasses so many factions, its much harder to get a compromise on much of anything.

The Senate is ALWAYS more functional than the house, there are fewer people involved, they have longer terms so they don't have to constantly be campaigning and they tend to be more experienced. This has been the way it has been since the beginning of time.

I agree, I think the term length is key.

The Senate is ALWAYS more functional than the house, there are fewer people involved, they have longer terms so they don't have to constantly be campaigning and they tend to be more experienced. This has been the way it has been since the beginning of time.

I agree, I think the term length is key.

Sign me up, I would prefer a change to term lengths and a set max number of terms allowed to serve.

I guess I'm confused. I didn't hear anyone raising their voices over anyone else. It was a good discussion. I actually agree with the Senator. I'm not sure what her legislation is asking for but deregulation of the banking industry was bad. You can not have traditional banking, investments and insurance all tied up into the same few HUGE companies. That is a recipe for disaster.