UW v NU

I have to say i am completely shocked the way UW managed to control this game. They talked trash..and backed it up on the court. There's nothing more you can say when a players own teammates help backup that trash talk.

The freshman they had was really hot. Gotta hand it to Washington, they had a few cuties on board.

None the less...it was a memorable season and good luck to our departing seniors Jenn Saleumuea and Melissa Elmer in their future endeavors

It seemed like UW wanted it more.  A few of the Big Red girls didn't show up this evening.  Did anyone notice Pavan not shaking the thrash talking girl from UW hand after the match?

The NU volleyball team reminded me of the late 80's early 90's OSBORNE bowl teams - KICK THE f#*k OUT OF EVERYONE UNTIL YOU PLAY FOR THE TITLE - THEN CHOKE OR IN THEIR CASE GAG!!!!!!!!!!!! They were not ready to play - They had that scared look on their face's. They only lose 2 seniors so they better do some SOUL SEARCHING and re-group for next year because the FINAL FOUR is in OMAHA and if they FOLD like they did tonight it will be an embarasment. :restore2:restore2

Nebraska (33-2), which dropped its third title match in five career appearances, was the last non-Pac-10 school to win the title, capturing the championship in 2000.

"Nebraska is an unbelievable program and a great university," said McLaughlin. "We played our best match of the year against them. It was just a good match from start to finish. I'm just unbelievably happy for this group. The time they put in, it's a little bit of pay-off, but more a gratification for an awful lot of hard work."

A disappointing end to a great season !!!!

It looked as if NU wasn't able to handle the pressure of the title game. NU played one of the sloppiest games that I have seen in many seasons... It is hard to tell if they looked bad because UW was THAT GOOD, or the NU just didn't play...

Probably a little of both..... If we say that NU just didn't show up, it would be suggesting that UW didn't really "earn" the win (a lot like the UM guys on football)...

IMO, the girls "choked" a little bit (by definition, they did choke, big time), but I refuse to be negative about the game...... UW had 5 seniors who were in the final 4 last yr., and we only had 2 on the team.... Next year, NU will probably be the odds on favorite to win the NC...especially in Omaha...

Congrats to the volleyball team..... #2 in the country isn't bad....... Good luck to next years team, and thanks to Melissa and Jen. :clap:clap:clap