Red/White Scrimmage Tickets on Sale Aug. 7th

• 2 weeks later...
Each year I go to the Red/White scrimmage. Always a fun time. This year will be extra special. Any thoughts or guesses on how ticket sales will be like on the first day? The fact that we get a look at the new arena, and now that Coach Cook has added players like Jordan Larson to play, I would think that diehard Nebaska VB fans will try to snatch up tickets quickly. Or am I wrong?

I doubt it will be a sell-out.

And..... I was wrong, and happy to be so.

Now that we've gotten confirmation that it'll be a packed house, what is everyone predicting for this match?

The Alumni Team:

Lauren Cook.

Brooke Delano

Jordan "Willy" Wilberger

Gina Mancuso

Nancy Metcalf

Jordan Larson

One of the current Liberos will play with this team - a tremendously lucky girl, about as lucky as Haggerty was getting to play with Misty May-Treanor in that match during the sand season.

Facing them will be a nearly entirely revamped Husker team, likely still battling for some spots. We have talent galore but they're untested talent for the most part.

Honestly, if this Alumni team is coming in ready to play good volleyball and not just have fun in front of the old crowd, I see no reason why they can't beat the Huskers straight-up. They have better hitters, a very good setter, solid middles and a young, spry Libero. The only thing they lack is depth, which could become a factor as the match wears on.

I expect Cooker to treat this as a real match, and I'm expecting a very entertaining war on the court.

My guess, if they play this as a "real" match, is the Alumni win 3-2.

Also, if you're going, where are you sitting? We're in the vitamin section (B12)

5FXXIBV.jpg

Cook has already said that the Alumni squad is only going to play two sets, then the current team will scrimmage against each other.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/volleyball/coachspeak-with-john-cook/article_501b36f3-fdb9-5569-b6fd-43b63e661693.html

It does look like they are going to have video coverage of the match on HuskerNSide (Subscription probably required) on Huskers.com but just in case any wanted to see it.