IF Bo was fired (for those of you who want that) whats your plan?

that's why you get the kids the other schools overlook. Winning is what is going to the get kids here. even though TO didn't win a national title for a long time he was winning conference championships and going to the big bowl games where most of the time we were playing a top 5 team. Bo has turned the program aroudn but now he is kinda stagnating and suffering blowout losses which doesn't make it easier to recruit. Bo is going to have to get more out of with what he has. He has to find a balance of having a good offense and defense at the same time. We should always think Nebraska is a destination school because if we don't why would anyone want to come here then?

I think Bo got more out of what he had last year than what most coaches could have. We have the record we have because of the coaching. Sure, we shouldn't have blowout losses, but what do you expect when you don't have speed on defense? Bo's first year of recruiting caught up to him. The only way to recruit better, is to show you can coach. This is something he has and is doing. Almost every guy we have put in the NFL under Bo is a starter on defense. David, Dennard, Amukamara and Suh to name a few. Winning helps a lot, but its a lot harder to balance a team like your speaking of when your a first time HC at NEBRASKA. A program that had no stability and hasn't won a conference championship since '99. We will win one soon, really soon. Its only time that Bo puts this team right where he wants. We have depth at offense, and we will eventually get up there on defense. It will take a couple more years of solid recruiting, like we have had, to be balanced.

I love this program and I have been a fan since I could remember. The reality is, Nebraska is a state that not many people outside the Midwest know of. Many big recruits have been recorded saying that Lincoln is a hick town with very little to do and is surrounded by corn. This is what recruiters from other schools thrive off of telling them. They believe it, until they take that visit here. If/When we can get the visit, it becomes a very difficult decision for the recruits from there.

This is the part I don't get, we were recruiting players when we were in the pass happy Big 12 that year? Why would we not have the speedy LB's and Safeties necessary to contain edges?

@Oregon: I looked through again, but didn't see it. Did you give your take on who would/should/you want to take over?

Edit: should add in that I am not trying to stir the pot, actually curious since you posed the question.

I guess I worded it wrong. I'm pretty much done spending time in this thread, but I'll answer this.

No, I haven't added my plan because this thread ISNT ABOUT WHO I WANT TO TAKE OVER BECAUSE I DON'T WANT BO FIRED. This thread was specifically targeted to the "FIRE BO" crowd. I wanted to know what their REASONABLE expectations were for the following years or if they had any SOLUTIONS to the fact that A) Beck, Papuchis and TJ are either promoted to HC or they leave. B) How they would resolve our recruiting (since, most of our top recruits would leave, since those 3 people are our primary recruiters - also having to establish new recruiting ties - decimating this class and next most likely, since we'll suck balls the year following him being fired) C) Transfers and D) how the system we've finally established has now been thrown out the window for something completely new, once again. and E) How this all leads to greener pastures in the future

Now, with the combination of A, B, C and D, I want to know how all of that amounts to "REASONABLY" being better than we have been the last 5 years - or did some of the fire Bo crowd overlook these 4 things in their assessment? It is more likely to get Bill Callahan than Bo Pelini, if you fire coaches for being consistently good, but not great. Not many coaches want to go somewhere with unreasonable expectations. One of X many programs to have 9 wins each of the last 5 seasons? You're fired!

Everyone is all over head coaches, when that is the last thing this thread is about.

that's why you get the kids the other schools overlook. Winning is what is going to the get kids here. even though TO didn't win a national title for a long time he was winning conference championships and going to the big bowl games where most of the time we were playing a top 5 team. Bo has turned the program aroudn but now he is kinda stagnating and suffering blowout losses which doesn't make it easier to recruit. Bo is going to have to get more out of with what he has. He has to find a balance of having a good offense and defense at the same time. We should always think Nebraska is a destination school because if we don't why would anyone want to come here then?

I think Bo got more out of what he had last year than what most coaches could have. We have the record we have because of the coaching. Sure, we shouldn't have blowout losses, but what do you expect when you don't have speed on defense? Bo's first year of recruiting caught up to him. The only way to recruit better, is to show you can coach. This is something he has and is doing. Almost every guy we have put in the NFL under Bo is a starter on defense. David, Dennard, Amukamara and Suh to name a few. Winning helps a lot, but its a lot harder to balance a team like your speaking of when your a first time HC at NEBRASKA. A program that had no stability and hasn't won a conference championship since '99. We will win one soon, really soon. Its only time that Bo puts this team right where he wants. We have depth at offense, and we will eventually get up there on defense. It will take a couple more years of solid recruiting, like we have had, to be balanced.

I love this program and I have been a fan since I could remember. The reality is, Nebraska is a state that not many people outside the Midwest know of. Many big recruits have been recorded saying that Lincoln is a hick town with very little to do and is surrounded by corn. This is what recruiters from other schools thrive off of telling them. They believe it, until they take that visit here. If/When we can get the visit, it becomes a very difficult decision for the recruits from there.

This is the part I don't get, we were recruiting players when we were in the pass happy Big 12 that year? Why would we not have the speedy LB's and Safeties necessary to contain edges?

The recruits sucked. Thats the issue.

Obviously the recruiting wasn't up to standard but we simply were not targeting very many LBs. We played with 6 dbs most of the time in our final two years in the Big 12. And as we all know we are pretty well stocked up at DB this year. So to me the only place where we really dropped the ball was DL.

Obviously the recruiting wasn't up to standard but we simply were not targeting very many LBs. We played with 6 dbs most of the time in our final two years in the Big 12. And as we all know we are pretty well stocked up at DB this year. So to me the only place where we really dropped the ball was DL.

This is accurate, but it's also one of the most surprising things about our recruiting efforts. You would have thought Dorsey and Suh being on Bo's resume would have propelled DL recruiting, yet it seems to be one of our weakest spots since Suh's departure.

This is accurate, but it's also one of the most surprising things about our recruiting efforts. You would have thought Dorsey and Suh being on Bo's resume would have propelled DL recruiting, yet it seems to be one of our weakest spots since Suh's departure.

Yeah I agree, kind of a mystery. And don't forget Crick. I think we are on the upswing in our D-line recruiting right now, but we are paying for those few bad years right now.