IF Bo was fired (for those of you who want that) whats your plan?

Still awaiting devnet's fantasy scenario for this thread.

For me personally, with Bo being "dismissed" the process would go as followed. The football program would be cut, and hockey would be added to become the cash cow for the university. Memorial Stadium would then be coveted to the largest hockey venue in the nation and also become the home headquarters for Sesame on Ice.

For me personally, with Bo being "dismissed" the process would go as followed. The football program would be cut, and hockey would be added to become the cash cow for the university. Memorial Stadium would then be coveted to the largest hockey venue in the nation and also become the home headquarters for Sesame on Ice.

Do not covet thy neighbor's football stadium

Do we even want to know?

I've laid out my plan numerous times, and it doesn't involve any big name coaches - or a model that any other university utilizes. I'll stick by it. It goes something like this...

For the record, this is the kchusker_chris org structure (i posted it a long time ago in response to someone that challenged someone to come up w/ something different):

Head Coach (VP of Football Operations): $750,000

Offensive Coordinator: $1,250,000

Defensive Coordinator: $1,250,000

OL: $375,000

RB: $375,000

WR: $375,000

DL: $375,000

LB: $375,000

DB: $375,000

Recruiting Coordinator/ST: $500,000

Total: $6,000,000/year (similar to where we are today).

It would require a unique HC. One that was a leader, not a manager. His role would be very different than a traditional HC, primarily in formulating the team's identity. The management of the team is left to the OC/DC. The structure would allow the best OC/DC in the game to arrive. The O staff, and the D staff are built by the OC/DC, not of the HC's choosing. The assistant pay would allow for them to build the best possible staff. A position who's almost entire job is recruiting would be created, and pay would allow for one of the best recruiters to come on board and do what they do best. The OC/DC position would attract the best assistants/coordinators in the game that are looking to jump into the traditional HC role. It would provide them with the best experience they could find outside of being an actual HC. You'd expect them to be here around 2-4 years, which fits into the length of most anyway. When they leave, their staff goes as well and a new coordinator is replaced with a new staff, but their departure does not impact the other side of the ball. The idea being that the HC remains static, in a leadership role while the turnover happens below him - providing continuity as far as the overall team is concerned. The pay prevents poaching of assistants/coordinators. If we're going to be a training ground, might as well embrace it.

As for actual names - Joe Moglia is the obvious pick for VP of Operations. I'd keep most of the offensive staff, with Beck getting a nice bump in pay. The defensive staff would be formed around someone like Ron Zook - who's also one hell of a recruiter, or possibly run up and try to poach Mattison from Michigan - who's also a hell of a recuiter. The recruiting coordinator could be someone like Steele, or maybe we get lucky and can land a Tosh Lupoi or an Ogeron type.

Not a chance a HC is going to take $500,000 less than his OC and DC while also be making one heck of a lot less than the going rate for a HC at a program like Nebraska.

Hense the statement - "it would require a unique HC"

What do you think Moglia is making now? Hell of a lot less than 750k. And do you think he'd be coaching for the money? You think he needs it? You can't shift a paradigm while continuing to hold onto all the rules of the prior paradigm. Get outside your box.

I've laid out my plan numerous times, and it doesn't involve any big name coaches - or a model that any other university utilizes. I'll stick by it. It goes something like this...

For the record, this is the kchusker_chris org structure (i posted it a long time ago in response to someone that challenged someone to come up w/ something different):

Head Coach (VP of Football Operations): $750,000

Offensive Coordinator: $1,250,000

Defensive Coordinator: $1,250,000

OL: $375,000

RB: $375,000

WR: $375,000

DL: $375,000

LB: $375,000

DB: $375,000

Recruiting Coordinator/ST: $500,000

Total: $6,000,000/year (similar to where we are today).

It would require a unique HC. One that was a leader, not a manager. His role would be very different than a traditional HC, primarily in formulating the team's identity. The management of the team is left to the OC/DC. The structure would allow the best OC/DC in the game to arrive. The O staff, and the D staff are built by the OC/DC, not of the HC's choosing. The assistant pay would allow for them to build the best possible staff. A position who's almost entire job is recruiting would be created, and pay would allow for one of the best recruiters to come on board and do what they do best. The OC/DC position would attract the best assistants/coordinators in the game that are looking to jump into the traditional HC role. It would provide them with the best experience they could find outside of being an actual HC. You'd expect them to be here around 2-4 years, which fits into the length of most anyway. When they leave, their staff goes as well and a new coordinator is replaced with a new staff, but their departure does not impact the other side of the ball. The idea being that the HC remains static, in a leadership role while the turnover happens below him - providing continuity as far as the overall team is concerned. The pay prevents poaching of assistants/coordinators. If we're going to be a training ground, might as well embrace it.

As for actual names - Joe Moglia is the obvious pick for VP of Operations. I'd keep most of the offensive staff, with Beck getting a nice bump in pay. The defensive staff would be formed around someone like Ron Zook - who's also one hell of a recruiter, or possibly run up and try to poach Mattison from Michigan - who's also a hell of a recuiter. The recruiting coordinator could be someone like Steele, or maybe we get lucky and can land a Tosh Lupoi or an Ogeron type.

You talking about Phil Steele? If so, that is an interesting pick, never thought of him doing something like that.

You talking about Phil Steele? If so, that is an interesting pick, never thought of him doing something like that.

Actually I was thinking about Kevin Steele (i think that's his name - alabama guy) - I still need that guy to coach special teams...but, Phil Steele is something that's pretty interesting to think about. Would be a "head evaluator" type of role. He prolly makes way more than 500k right now though.

Do not covet thy neighbor's football stadium

Meh..... On vacation and drank a smidge last night. I covet a lot, will except being from the central panhandle during my life

Scott Frost LOL

He will not, nor do I want to see him fired. If we fire him after five 9/10 win seasons, and he has a 7 to 10 win season, good luck on getting ANY coach to come here. One thing money can't buy, is a sense of job security. I am one who can see why Solich was fired and I agree with it. Bo has had blowouts, but no one can't be that blind to realize how much better we have it, than we have had since Osborne left. Sure we had a BCS game in '01, but really... do you think we had it that good with being blown out by Colorado, somehow getting a BCS bowl bid while not even winning our division, let alone conference and getting blown out by Miami? Hell we didn't even win our division the whole time Solich was coach lol. We have won our division 3/5 seasons. Conference Championship is around the corner.

I can't believe no one has called you out on this yet. We did win our division when Solich was coach. In fact, we won the Big 12 in 99'. In 99', we finished the season ranked #2 in the coaches poll and #3 in the AP. Solich was the only coach to ever beat Texas since the Big 12 was formed.

We did get taken to the shed by CU back in 01'. However, I'd take that shellacking any day of the week over the shellacking we took at the hands of Wisconsin last year because CU was in the NC conversation at the end of the year. If all we're concerned with is winning a conference championship, then we're in good company in our current conference. Bama won a NC not very long ago, and they didn't even win their conference.

Bo's job should be secure, but I don't get to make that call. Over the years, we've seen programs suffer the consequences of making rash decisions. I didn't think Solich should have been fired, but I've seen other programs do the same only to pay for it like A&M when they let Slocum go. Michigan while headed in the right direction now suffered the consequences of forcing Carr out. Tennessee is still trying to find their way after forcing Fulmer out. Bo needs more time. However, I doubt in todays day and age he gets the time that was afforded to TO.

• Fire 3

Honestly, people can answer you OregonHuskerMan...because they have no answers.

Instead, they make light of what you're saying trying to pass it off as a joke or to make you look like someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. It's an honest question they're avoiding. Hopefully, someone takes up the question, seriously considers it, and if they want Pelini gone, they answer it.

Or maybe they're tired of this same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

or maybe they realize that we are just spectators on an internet message board. why would any one of us have to be able to answer that? is eichorst or perlman posting on here?

but, yeah, it is a pretty redundant topic.

Clearly, no one here is either of them.

But I'm just simply asking what THEY would propose and what they think the answer to those questions would be.

I'm sure some people didn't even think about how we would be significantly worse before we got better due to - coaching staff changes (did the fire BO crowd ever think about Beck, Pap, TJ all leaving also?), how that affects recruiting? Or do they not think it affects recruiting?

People want to fire Bo, but don't think about the consequences of doing so.

I'm not a Nebraska guy, but I have been on the site long enough to know the question you are asking has in fact been answered, multiple times over. Those that are saying Bo should be fired have said time and time again who they want to take over as coach.

As for what would happen to the assistants, well, let the head coach worry about that; if you think the assistants are good enough that you can't withstand a head coach reshuffling then you have a whole other problem (e.g. perhaps your assistants are better than your head--if you believe that).

Nonetheless, your husker counterparts have exhausted your question, you just need to look through the other threads to find the exact answer you want; I have a feeling that most of them don't want to relive the argument to replace it in your thread.

What this guy said, and the other guy that said the same thing... This question has been answered multiple times... It IS a stupid question...

sportsgif.com reported this July 20, 2013

"Ricky Williams has decided to get back into football. He has taken a job as Running Backs Coach at the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, Texas."

I feel he's ready for the next step if Bo gets fired.

ricky-williams-o.gif