Reetz Makes USA 18U National Team

USA beat Japan 3-2 for the Championship. Jackson Reetz, NU recruit, played on the team. Here are his stats. Pretty good!

23 at bats-- 10 hits. Four 2B, One HR, 2 BB, 4 HBP, 4 SO, .533 OB%, 1E, Position 9, Fielding %917, 9 PO

http://web.usabaseba...ld_Cup_0908.pdf

Why do you follow this since you are adamant that he will never have a single at bat for us?

(not being a smarta$$, but our previous discussions have yielded your strong opinion that there is no way he plays for us at all. So, in that case, doesn't he become just another player with no ties to NU?)

I follow his career because he is an exceptional athlete, intelligent young man, and has outstanding character, who has accomplished what no other high school baseball player in the history of Nebraska has ever accomplished. I personally know the kid. I know what his goals are. I don't know where he lands in the draft, no one does. But, I can pretty much assure you that if he is drafted high enough, he will by pass college. His goal is to be a professional baseball player. I will congratulate and support him on whatever path he decides to take.