End of Season Game Rotation

nic

Not sure if this is true, but it sounds like the Big Ten is gonna rotate the end of season games

between Minn, Iowa, Wiscy and NU. If true, NU would roate between playing Iowa and Wiscy. The same will be true

for MSU, PSU, Rutgers and Maryland. I did notice that they are already doing it on the 2016/2017 schedules for the PSU group.

Maybe it will be a way to settle in for Wiscy vs NU on the Friday before Thanksgiving.

http://snyrutgers.com/rutgers/football/changes-coming-to-big-ten-football-schedules-in-2018/

I don't think its dumb at all for teams that don't have a true end-of-season rival. This allows for one to happen more naturally than forcing one on a team. If ten years from now the Nebraska/Wisconsin game is a hit, the rotation may end for those teams and just make that the annual end-of-season game. The MSU/PSU one has always been an afterthought, so rotating those with Rutgers and Maryland may allow PSU to find a true end-of-season rival.

It may end up being a disaster, but I certainly can't fault them for trying something out to make it more interesting and find some good material for the end of the season; the more natural end-of-season rivalries the conference can identify, the better off, I think anyhow.

Minnesota has a natural rival with either Wisconsin or Iowa. Just make one of those 2 the season ender. Nebraska will develop something with the other one. Living in Minnesota, I can say that Gopher fan doesn't care about the Huskers. They care about The Axe, Little Brown Jug, and Floyd of Rosedale.

I will say that Wisconsin fans that I have spoken to like playing Nebraska and Iowa is a nice geographical "rival" that could develop into something.

Maybe it would work better on the East Division but I think they are just trying too hard when it comes to the West.