What happens on the Wyo RB pass with the 2012 defense?

What happens last year?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just trying to see a silver lining out of the game. Do we have an athlete on the field in 2012 with as much speed as Gerry to disrupt the pass? Not sure I saw it last year. I believe the receiver may have been covered, but our best outcome in 2012 was probably an incomplete pass and Wyo retains possession. Who knows what happens after that.

An earlier thread quoting a writer mentioned not seeing progress on the defensive side. Progress from what? As young as our D is, we are starting from 0. Would you rather have a young D give up a bunch of yards in September or in November like last year? Wyoming was looking forward to, and preparing for this game since the end of last year. We were looking ahead to UCLA, and thought it was going to be a glorified scrimmage. I would rather the young D take some lumps now and learn, than be put on a pedestal.

Edited the poll to let people pick which defense they would rather have right now.

A defense that was experienced and still gave up a bunch of yards and points? Or a D that has some potential?

That would've been a pick last year too.

I'll take the 2013 defense, simply for the fact that the lack of production can be blamed on inexperience.

Really? Who gets out there to hit the RB as he is releasing the ball?

Does it matter? It's a hypothetical situation, I wasn't expecting to have to write up an entire play-by-play for it.

If you watch that play over and over, and we have Compton/Whaley in place of Gerry, the player easily has time to make a sound throw for a score. It's possible he makes a poor throw anyway for he is not a qb. It's also possible he just runs upfield for another ten yard gain. Regardless, Gerry'd identification of the play and his closing speed on that play was a major eye-opener. That was Lavonted David sh#t right there.

Regardless, Gerry'd identification of the play and his closing speed on that play was a major eye-opener.

Definitely. One of the things Pelini and Pap were looking at during the Wyoming game is who performed once the lights were turned on and the stadium was full. Game 1 gave Pelini and Pap good insight into personnel decisions.