Last Year's Recruits

Guest Cornshucker

Guest Cornshucker

Fill me in guys. Who are some of the bright stars that redshirted last year? Solich said he had some excellent players coming up in that class. And as an aside, where will Stuntz be played?

and those are the meanest kind of wolves too.. the prarie ones. grrr.

Actually that sucks for Stuntz, but he had to realize even before the change that he didn't have a very bright future at QB - he just wasn't fast enough, and now he just isn't a good enough passer.

A shame to do our "Black Flash 41 Reverse" superhero like that, but its a "what have you done for me lately" era. Good luck on the prarie Mike.

Hey Cornshucker, I dont have too much of an opinion as far as what players from last year are on the verge of making an impact, but I did put together some info that might help you form your own conclusions. Check this out: http://www.huskerbay.com/new/03_commits.htm

There are quite a few names on there that havent seen the field, but will hopefully make an impact soon.

Some of the other members might have some thoughts on which guys are poised to produce.

Chad

Anytime you recruit and bring in a JUCO kid, you expect them all to provide an immidiate impact. But last year, Nebraska went 0-3 on their juco's, all had an injury of some kind and were never able to get going.

Dailey I think, I'd guess you would have to put the kicker Dyches, as the two players who are going to provide the most in 2004. If healthy, Ryan Schuler, who had formerly committed to Oklahoma, should get a look at lots of PT this year.

redout

Chris Patrick and Wali Muhammed should be good at DE. Certainly Wali, but Patrick may need one more year to really get things going. He is a big kid and should be a real player. Wali has got a motor that doesn't quick. He had a spinal injury that kept him out this year.

Tierre Green is the fastest IB we have right now and is also very elusive. Look for him to challege for significant playing time next year.

There are others, I'll write more later.