Latest from Tommie

np_husker

We dont wear down their Defense if were throwing 3 incompletions. Hardly enough time for our Defense to take of their helmet for a minute. Controlling the clock on offense needs to be a.bigger priority, all the while moving the chains. Not every other play HAS to be a TD.

Personally, I put a higher value on scoring but whatever floats your boat.

I have a preference for winning games and championships

Defense wins championships

Number of teams score lots of points- with a poor defense, you have little to no chance of winning championships

But sure pure entertainmant value for some of seeing teams run up and down the field all day and not playing good defense, video game stuff is popular nowadays

Not real football in my mind

The inexplicable and repeated passing attempts might be explained by TM's turf toe injury. I don't think that has been fully addressed publicly one way or the other. If TM was playing while injured, it explains a lot about how we became one dimensional. Maybe he was injured in the first half and they thought he was okay to keep going. Or made the decision to keep him in anyway.

I hope he recovers quick, but I also hope we get a good look at the youngsters this week.

Also the fact that UCLA continually stuffed Ameer on first down runs. Seems like we spent a lot of the game in 2nd and 8 or 3rd and 6 type situations. It sure didn't seem like we picked up that six or seven yards on first down very often.

Absoultely

Nearly every first down we ran Ameer up the gut for 3 yards- brought back memories of Solich

The one time I thought we threw play action on first down, just missed for a long gain, but only remember the 1 PA shot

We dont wear down their Defense if were throwing 3 incompletions. Hardly enough time for our Defense to take of their helmet for a minute. Controlling the clock on offense needs to be a.bigger priority, all the while moving the chains. Not every other play HAS to be a TD.

Personally, I put a higher value on scoring but whatever floats your boat.

Hard to score on incompletions and punts. But feel feee to ignore the obvious issues.....that are fixable.