Final Record? What's the "magic" number?

Wyoming-W

Southern Miss-W

UCLA-L

SDS-W

Illinois-W

Purdue-W

Minnesota-W

Northwestern-L

Michigan-W

Michigan St-W

Penn St-W

Iowa-W

10 wins.

Bo isn't going anywhere... and shouldn't.

Unless he wants to.

Unless he wants to will be key.... I wouldn't be surprised or blame him if he left after the season.

cannot, of course, know for sure, but...I'd have to think Bo might appreciate a new fresh start elsewhere...

again, I cannot say for certain, but at this juncture work at NU is unlikely to be much fun for Bo or his staff.

It should not surprise anyone if Bo was looking at an exit strategy as we speak. Might not be... but if heis it certainly would be reasonable given the context. irrespective of who should or should not be blamed or who caused what... the circumstances at NU for Bo are way, way less than ideal.

Bo's fate as the NU head coach may not be connected to a magic number. It could be... I suppose. But factors like public relations, the views of NU boosters on the conduct and character of the coach, the nature of how NU wins or loses (not just if they win or lose), the progress (or lack thereof) of coaching-related problems (lack of team focus, bad adjustments, scheme issues, fundamental issues like tackling technique, etc.) --- all these will factor in. NU will have a reasonably good record... the lack of quality of the opponents ensures this. So... I am not sure that the fate of Bo here is connected to a singular parameter such as number of wins... that will be a factor along with these other factors (and likely more... such as how Bo responds to the AD in this situation.) That said, if NU were really to stumble and get say only 7 or so wins... that would not play well for Bo... not so much an issue of failing to get a magic number as it would be just another piece of evidence. To win less than 9 with this schedule would be ... unimpressive.

Bingo! There is no number that can save Bo at this point. It is true that winning solves everything and it will solve his current predicament.....for awhile. However, the second he loses badly this monster will rear its head agian. Bo is at the end of the line. Eichorst might as well start putting out the feelers now.

I'm sure Bo knows this as well and will be looking to jump ship as well. I would be shocked if Bo makes it to next year.

I guess I have to agree wt this. I think his fate is sealed.

For what it is worth - I see another 4 L year I see us loosing to someone we should beat: PSU or Minn or Iowa - I say we lose to PSU. NW and Mi win wt one of them being an embarrassment.

Wyoming-W

Southern Miss-W

UCLA-L

SDS-W

Illinois-W

Purdue-W

Minnesota-W

Northwestern-L

Michigan-L

Michigan St-W

Penn St-L

Iowa-W