Current / Former player reactions to all of this!!!

choyeskilm

I think all of this Bo stuff is garbage and do think we have alot of fair weather fans. We feed this team with one hand and constantly stab them in the back with the other. After listening to players talk and having read all of thier responses via social media, they think its garbage too. Go listen to P.J. Smith on 1620!!! I wouldnt blame this team if they never want to talk to another media member or fan for the rest of the season. You big fans can sit on here call for his job now....and then in 6 weeks when we are possibly 8-1, say how great this team has come together. PLEASE PEOPLE!!!! Its obvious that the players love BO and trust him. They all know more than us or some dead beat writer that thinks he knows everything about NU football because he has some behind the scenes access. Just let the man coach. He is young. THe staff is young. Our team is young. Time we all quite being so young and grow up a little!!!

• Fire 2

No I know that this happens all around the country. Yes every coach should be prepared for some criticism, but we take it to another level. I guess I just wish people would step back and take some time to comprehend everything before reacting. The greatest fans in college football support through thick and thin. Dont forget that we all knew who we were hiring as a head coach. YOUNG FIERY AGGRESSIVE OUTSPOKEN AGGRESSIVE head coach. So why is everyone SOOOO suprised.

• Fire 1

I don't think it is fans being surprised by the fiery attitude, but more the jabs at the areas that many deem integral parts of the NU tradition....fans and Frazier. What is he to accomplish by going after either?

I couldn't agree more with this comment. But now, (after a nice 24 hour cool down period, because I was quite pissed with some of the comments in the recording) I am just more concerned with the product on the field. Bo is just not delivering and the previous 5 games is more alarming than this recording. Bo really needs to grow up fast and needs to realize that its his buddies (coordinators and assistant coaches) that is hurting his job and his team. I am sure they are all great coaches but Beck and Papuchis is in way over their heads, and it especially shows in the play calling during the UCLA game, the D only ran man coverage with one or two blitz packages and the O gave up on the run fast and ran a plethora of screen plays.

I don't think it is fans being surprised by the fiery attitude, but more the jabs at the areas that many deem integral parts of the NU tradition....fans and Frazier. What is he to accomplish by going after either?

I couldn't agree more with this comment. But now, (after a nice 24 hour cool down period, because I was quite pissed with some of the comments in the recording) I am just more concerned with the product on the field. Bo is just not delivering and the previous 5 games is more alarming than this recording. Bo really needs to grow up fast and needs to realize that its his buddies (coordinators and assistant coaches) that is hurting his job and his team. I am sure they are all great coaches but Beck and Papuchis is in way over their heads, and it especially shows in the play calling during the UCLA game, the D only ran man coverage with one or two blitz packages and the O gave up on the run fast and ran a plethora of screen plays.

no, there are a bunch of assistant coaches that I doubt could land any job in the B1G....

I'm just tired of everyone stating that Bo was going after Frazier. The way I recall, Frazier went directly after Bo and his staff in a completely disrespectful public way that could cause no good whatsoever. Bo was then directly asked about it, and he simply replied that the program did not need him and his opinions around the program if they were going to be so negative towards what the team has been working hard to accomplish, ending with the best part -- "and that's too bad." It is too bad that a few former players - particularly Frazier - have to go public with opinions more to draw attention to themselves, than to support the current generation of the team.

• Fire 1

Unfortunately, I think that Bo might be my illegitimate father. That being said from the beginning of Bo getting hired we have all covered and stuck up for him and his attitude. Whether it be the refs, reporters, whatever it is patently clear to me now that he has an anger issue. Some fans are in denial about this. Me personally I still support him but, he has to grow up. We all knew this was a position to grow into but fans leave early all the time in games. They left early in the UCLA game!!!!! No excuse for a man getting paid millions to come off like that. At least have the smarts to put a press release admitting to what you said in the past so you can't be extorted in the national media. When I do wrong I chose to do wrong. No Excuses, my fault. A leader doesn't shift blame or rationalize and justify their negative behaviors. Regardless of the time passed. There is no forgiveness in the national media. I would have liked to see a better preliminary response from him. I mean why hasn't the University made it mandatory for him to take Anger Management classes or Public Relations III? Now that my Bo Goggles are off, he has a self esteem issue, possibly micro-managing issue, anger issue, etc. Now he is older than me and I have learned this stuff, if he hasn't learned by now then it is a character defect. I mean it’s like getting in a fight with your wife and telling her you don't love her anymore, it is cruel. Now if Bo was drunk and said that I might be more forgiving. Imagine what else has been said that can sully and extort the very foundation of Cornhusker Football??? I mean the only record we have is our sell out streak anymore. At least Mack Brown said today he would Boo himself too!!! If the best fans in college football with the longest streak of sellouts are leaving the game, well then they don't want to see the only consistent thing that Bo’s "system" has created: which are blowout losses to average to above average programs; then you are doing something wrong.

They say character is:

Not only doing the right thing when no one is looking, it’s doing the right thing when everyone is looking. It’s being willing to do the right thing even when it costs more than you want to pay

. This recording just reveals what the administration has been bandaiding for years...the problem. I fall victim my self to my own bad decisions, but that’s what they are...bad decisions. Bo could learn from the age old adages of: sticks and stones..., two wrongs don't make a right, if you can't say anything nice..., etc. I mean CYA and put it out there so it can't hurt you like politicians do. Like it or not there is politics to Nebraska Football. I just can't believe the University or Bo wouldn't have diffused this earlier if they knew about it and if Pelini couldn't remember what he said from his anger that day then that is more evidence of an anger issue. Really, what do you tell a kid like Jack Hoffman, if you're his dad, to explain gently and in a teaching manner what Bo did? There is no excuse. It is a character issue. Profanity, Anger, Threats of violence, are not the Nebraska way, maybe Colorado or Miami not NU. Mike Leach, Mangino, etc. didn't have nearly the track record as Bo has and they got ran out of town by the media and the modern political correctness culture. Either he needs to change quickly, like cold turkey quick, or the staff will change. This isn't about football anymore. There are some places you shouldn't ever go in anger, regardless, and Bo went there. Now its time to pay the piper. There is a reason the good book says: the toungue is sharper than any two edged sword and the tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. Food for thought.

I'm just tired of everyone stating that Bo was going after Frazier. The way I recall, Frazier went directly after Bo and his staff in a completely disrespectful public way that could cause no good whatsoever. Bo was then directly asked about it, and he simply replied that the program did not need him and his opinions around the program if they were going to be so negative towards what the team has been working hard to accomplish, ending with the best part -- "and that's too bad." It is too bad that a few former players - particularly Frazier - have to go public with opinions more to draw attention to themselves, than to support the current generation of the team.

I agree completely. I hadn't heard the interview about Frazier until yesterday. When I actually heard it and compared it to how everyone was reacting I was a little confused. Some people were making it sound like Pelini was ragging on him. I thought he did a descent job of blowing it off with out making it any bigger than it was. But that's just me. I'm not easily offended. I have been coaching high school football/baseball for quite a while in the south. I've been call worse. Haha.