Sad state of NFL flag football

Im really concerned about the current state of football. Its pretty sad when a receiver goes up for a catch, the defender hits hits him, and gets nailed with a twenty five thousand dollar penanty. There comes a point when the league needs to let the players play! Im gettin really sick of Roger Goodell (sp?). This guy is tarnishing the game i love. Just another reason to stick to college ball. I can see protecting from concussions, but they need to let the players play. Football is a collision sports and the players assume the risks.

I used to have this attitude. I still believe the rules aren't good and they are having major affects on the game that weren't intended. However, the more I read and hear about long term affects of injuries, I am all for making the game safer to play.

I know this isn't the NFL but I believe it was either Avery Moss or Greg McMullen got a personal foul for excessive pushing. Seriously? I can understand helmet to helmet contact and all the other dangerous and intentional hits that take place. But excessive pushing? It's getting a little out of hand.