McKewon: Trying to bridge the gap on defense

Saunders

Not many three and outs...because it was SDSU...big leap to think the offense's success was solely because Martinez didn't play. Not taking anything away from Armstrong and Kellogg, but there wouldn't have been many three and outs regardless of who was playing QB.

I disagree. That's the best our offense has looked in quite some time. If TA gets the start against Illinois, I believe we will look good once again.

It's okay, we can disagree. It's a part of life.

Not saying TA didn't look great, and I agree that was the best the O looked in a long time. I just think you can't discount the opposition - very average FCS defense - or the fact the game followed a week of simplifying the offense. It's tough for me to think the output would have been much different if Martinez would have played.

But you're right, it's okay for us to disagree.

I don't think you have any friggin' idea what you're talking about.... Like usual...

i didn't see many 3 and outs...wonder why that was...finally a qb that is a leader.

Even if TA is the second coming you're going to see more 3 and outs against tougher competition. If we're going to build up TA we could do it more reasonably.

And maybe not in a defense thread :lol:

I don't think you have any friggin' idea what you're talking about.... Like usual...

i didn't see many 3 and outs...wonder why that was...finally a qb that is a leader.

Or it could be because we played a defense that was a little bit better than Idaho State and easily the 2nd worse defense we've played in 5+ years.

But it's probably because Taylor isn't a leader like your Jedi mind reading skills told you.

Not many three and outs...because it was SDSU...big leap to think the offense's success was solely because Martinez didn't play. Not taking anything away from Armstrong and Kellogg, but there wouldn't have been many three and outs regardless of who was playing QB.

I disagree. That's the best our offense has looked in quite some time.

The best they've looked since Idaho State.

Or it could be because we played a defense that was a little bit better than Idaho State and easily the 2nd worse defense we've played in 5+ years.

But it's probably because Taylor isn't a leader like your Jedi mind reading skills told you.

TM doesn't have the swag that TA does.

• Fire 1

Oh, now we're talking about swag and other intangibles that you can see from your couch or the stands....

homerback.gif

Oh, now we're talking about swag and other intangibles that you can see from your couch or the stands....

homerback.gif

well Tmart just needs to be benched whether injured or not.