Moving Threads

OK.....I finally found my thread. It was tucked into a thread that is nothing more than a pissing match with people talking about the relationship between Bo and Paps.

Why do you do this?

My thread was meant as an actual discussion as to what the coaches were trying to accomplish at the end of the game. It was meant as actual discussion about play on the field....I really didn't want it tucked into a pissing match between fans that didn't seem like they wanted to actually talk about play on the field.

And, if you are going to merge a thread....is it too much to ask that you actually just drop a note to the author and tell them where it went?

I really like this board and it is so much better than the last one I was a member of. But, this is a frustration that comes up every once in a while on here and it makes no sense to me.

I sent you a PM explaining this, where your thread went, why, and how you can find it. According to that PM, you have yet to read it.

The subject of your thread was discussed at length in the thread to which it was moved. Had you read that thread you would have discovered that, but you didn't. The first line of the new thread you created:

OK....this is the first I have been around a computer since the game. I briefly looked through the threads and didn't see this discussed so sorry if it has been.

You apologize in advance that you haven't looked carefully through other threads, so you knew moving/merging your thread was a possibility.

I must have looked for a message in between you moving it and leaving me a message. Then, it didn't give me a red dot on the envelope signaling that I had a message. In fact, even after I read your response here, it didn't have that.

I didn't read all the way through that thread because it was a sess pool of people bickering about Bo and Paps relationship.

Again, it does get irritating when threads are moved from time to time.

I can understand the irritation, and we're trying to combine fewer threads. It makes for a messier forum but it gives people less irritation. There's a balance you have to find, and either way you're going to have people unhappy. Some want a ton of threads, some want everything in its own thread.

OK...I just went through that cess pool of a thread and I'm nut sure what you are claiming is "discussed at length". I finally found a couple comments about trying to clear the benches (which it seemed to me to be more than just that) mixed in with the rest of the thread doing nothing but bitching about coaches.

Oh well...it is what it is.

Thanks for the explanation.