Private Sector defeats Public Sector.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57611592/s.f-programmers-build-alternative-to-healthcare.gov/

Fed up with trying to sign up on healthcare.gov? Maybe you are, and these guys are here to help.

Healthsherpa.com will help you find the best plan for you, and it only took a few days to construct. You have to call the provider yourself, (healthcare.gov was/is trying to offer that feature on their website), but hey, this site works. They're even correcting the subsidy formula too.

I'm sure this topic has been talked to death, but I just like the fact three private entrepreneurs had a better result than 3 years and millions of dolllars of government effort.

• Fire 4

why is everyone leaving this alone other than having to take it at face value ? :)

I think most will say that the sherpa system doesn't include interfaces with IRS, NSA, Anal Fae and MannieFae, SS or WHO. or Bloomberg's ATM virus scanning portal. (insert facetious emoticon)

And only the power of one 286 to get to the moon. Maybe even less.

Shouldn't be too shocking that talented, competent people that are unencumbered by bureaucracy and politics produced a better result than apparently incompetent people who were.

Seems to be basically two different ways of thinking on this topic:

1. Government isn't working efficiency or correct ---> government should not be doing whatever it is

2. Government isn't working efficiency or correct ---> how do we fix the problem

I don't know what the solution is when it seems like a startling number of major government contracts with defense, intelligence, and IT services are plagued by cost overruns, boondoggling, and generally poor outcomes.

"Government isn't working efficiency or correct ---> how do we fix the problem" I was recently in DC and was driving across a bridge on the way to the Capitol. I noticed that the traffic coming away from the Capitol was unexpectedly heavy. I was able to roll my window down and ask one of the drivers coming from the Capitol what was going on? he replied that terrorists were holding All members of Congress hostage and if they weren't paid $250,000,000. they would douse the Senators and Representatives with gas and set them on fire. The man then said that lots of people were making donations. I reached for my wallet and asked how much was everybody donating? The man replied, 2 gallons. T_O_B

• Fire 1

Shouldn't be too shocking that talented, competent people that are unencumbered by bureaucracy and politics produced a better result than apparently incompetent people who were.

Seems to be basically two different ways of thinking on this topic:

1. Government isn't working efficiency or correct ---> government should not be doing whatever it is

2. Government isn't working efficiency or correct ---> how do we fix the problem

I don't know what the solution is when it seems like a startling number of major government contracts with defense, intelligence, and IT services are plagued by cost overruns, boondoggling, and generally poor outcomes.

Nail on the head. It ain't partisan. Judge Nap had a what if segment that seemed to have some truth to it. If I find it I'll post a linky.

That's not the private sector. It's volunteer work. But yeah, good for them.

I haven't read up on details of the healthcare.gov site or why it's such a colossal failure. Of course, this site only addresses the front end of the problem, after which you still have to make the call. But it's a good (and pretty obvious sounding?) solution, so good for them.

Why can't people understand that the 'Obamacare' website was actually made by private companies with a contract. Not government workers. There is a difference. And not all private companies are equal in ability. And whomever made the call to hire the idiot brigade should be fired.

For $600 million???

That was about $599.9 miliion in government freebies bought and paid for with campaign contributions. It makes me throw up in my mouth a little when you call them "private companies".

Why can't people understand that the 'Obamacare' website was actually made by private companies with a contract. Not government workers. There is a difference. And not all private companies are equal in ability. And whomever made the call to hire the idiot brigade should be fired.

For $600 million???

That was about $599.9 miliion in government freebies bought and paid for with campaign contributions. It makes me throw up in my mouth a little when you call them "private companies".

What?

For $600 million???

What?

Don't bother to try and understand.

And whomever made the call to hire the idiot brigade should be fired.

Well, it has to go to the lowest bidder, otherwise Republicans scream "Government waste!" - there's no way to win I guess

If $600 million was the lowest bidder... i'm going to go out and say no chance in hell there was a bidding process on this website mess.

Holder needs to being Federal fraud charges against all thee companies involved in the website. Because that is all this was plain and simple.