My Churchill-esque take on today / this year.

I have many friends that are Hawkeye fans. Seeing posts on facebook like "Great Year!" "Best win in a decade"....etc, etc, etc. They are 8/4. We are 8/4. For us it is "Embarrassing", "Disaster", "Fire the Coaches", etc. (and to be clear, I share most of that rage)..but it is all about perception. I hope that Nebraska never falls to a point (again) where 8/4 is a "great year".

When my Iowa fan friends begin to rib me, my response will be Churchill-esque. "Congratulations on your first win against us since 1981 and your third since 1945. Well done! But tomorrow, when the sun rises, we will still be the Nebraska Cornhuskers, owners of 5 national championships, and you will still be the Iowa Hawkeyes, owners of none. I am good with that."

Perception, as they say, is quite often reality.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Lifelong Loud and Proud Husker Fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fire 2

well put, I agree, I have been asking about their (teams who beat us and fans begin to harass us, i.e. ISU or Kansas State, Missouri) trophy cases for years too and most never drew up plans to build a trophy case so congrats on your schools best ever win.......you want to tour our museum of excellence?

This is a game of scoreboard. Those are the only wins that count for a program like Nebraska now. 10 years ago, those 5 MNC trophies meant a lot, a great recruiting tool. Now we are known for the tool that is called our head coach.

I love our history and tradition, but it means little to today's athletes. They want to know what you are teaching directly results in looks from the NFL.

Most when you make that statement just laugh at you these days. Quit living in the past, as it was a line I used to defend clownahan, but too far gone. We can not even win a conference championship. The kids know who wins and who the winners beat. Not much impressed with beating WAC type teams as they could go to that level of a team if they wanted. They want to know can I line up against BAMA, Florida State and know I have team beside me to compete. We are not in that level of conversation, not even close to it.

So I guess be happy with the past, because truthfully that is all we have to hang our hat on. I want much more, a team that plays as a team, that is organized, knows the game, understands the game plan and has someone that actually understands what the game is against and how to use the tools/players against that team. We lack that on offense it seems.

SCOREBOARD, Iowa has it, so does Michigan State, UCLA and can you believe Minnesota. How far have we fallen.

• Fire 1

This is a game of scoreboard. Those are the only wins that count for a program like Nebraska now. 10 years ago, those 5 MNC trophies meant a lot, a great recruiting tool. Now we are known for the tool that is called our head coach.

I love our history and tradition, but it means little to today's athletes. They want to know what you are teaching directly results in looks from the NFL.

Most when you make that statement just laugh at you these days. Quit living in the past, as it was a line I used to defend clownahan, but too far gone. We can not even win a conference championship. The kids know who wins and who the winners beat. Not much impressed with beating WAC type teams as they could go to that level of a team if they wanted. They want to know can I line up against BAMA, Florida State and know I have team beside me to compete. We are not in that level of conversation, not even close to it.

So I guess be happy with the past, because truthfully that is all we have to hang our hat on. I want much more, a team that plays as a team, that is organized, knows the game, understands the game plan and has someone that actually understands what the game is against and how to use the tools/players against that team. We lack that on offense it seems.

SCOREBOARD, Iowa has it, so does Michigan State, UCLA and can you believe Minnesota. How far have we fallen.

You are of course correct, but my point is...starting fresh tomorrow morning...would you rather be a Husker, Hawkeye, Spartan, Bruin or Gopher fan? I for one will still be a staunch Husker fan in the morning, and glad/proud to be so.

I have been a Husker fan for close to 60 years I guess. Always proud to be a Husker, not very proud of our coach or staff right now. I said 6 years ago that Bo would be an embarrassment to this program, that his temper would be a problem. Now you mention you are a Nebraska fan, the first question is "that screaming idiot your coach?" Or Nebraska fan says "when are we going to get rid of this idiot?"

That is the way most conversations start, not talking about our museum of trophies. Truly most could care less.

I have been a Husker fan for close to 60 years I guess. Always proud to be a Husker, not very proud of our coach or staff right now. I said 6 years ago that Bo would be an embarrassment to this program, that his temper would be a problem. Now you mention you are a Nebraska fan, the first question is "that screaming idiot your coach?" Or Nebraska fan says "when are we going to get rid of this idiot?"

That is the way most conversations start, not talking about our museum of trophies. Truly most could care less.

I've not been a fan that long...only 50 years, but I'm looking at the long term, big picture. Take Bo and the mess this year out of the equation...10 years ago or 10 years into the future from now, I am convinced I'd rather be a Husker fan (and alum) than any other college on the scene.