Don't be Foolish: Keep the Man

Everything that caused this loss has been at fault for damned near every loss in the last 6 years.

You mean us having less points at the end of the game? I think you're on to something.

Seriously though, EVERY loss by EVERY team shares those same common reasons: Turnovers, penalties, poor tackling, bad play calling, bad line play. None are unique to Nebraska's losses and all are repeated in some form or another to make the losing team lose.

We played today with a third string QB and were missing 6 linemen. Have we all forgotten that the 95 Huskers could only muster 17points with a third string QB? GIve Pelini a break. Nick Saban could not have coached us to victory. Yeah, Bo lost his cool. So what. The hyennas were out in full force today. Yes, it got to him. He showed a little emotion. Wooooooo. Big freaking deal. It would be ludicrous to fire the man.

What's ludicrous is how many excuses people are making so that we can retain a coach who obviously doesn't even want to be here anymore.

Hammerhead! I so agree with you. The last poster (Husker in Sun Diego), before you got on here, ranted about our depth problem with all the INJURIES with us being down to a 3rd string walk-on QB and with 6 O-linemen missing this late in the season...but people keep missing the obvious. And it blows my mind! I've followed this program in depth the last 6 years, and what I've witnessed is a coaching staff that runs off 4- and 5-star recruits in talented running backs like Aaron Green and Braylon Heard along with Tommie Frazier's cousin quarterback Brion Carnes. They ran those guys off the team. No wonder we don't have any depth in 2013! Duh! I so much hope that we'll bring in -- bring back Scott Frost....and stop the bleeding! Somebody has to step in and save the day by going down to Oregon and signing Scott Frost to a head coach's contract for the University of Nebraska --- and NOW!

• Fire 1

honest to god, how can anyone still defend bo?

the best so far is that they do not want to pay his buyout and that it is, for reasons unknown to everyone, impossible to replace a 9 win coach. both terrible defenses for keeping a coach at what was once an elite program.

also, really funny how bo gets a pass because of injuries, yet we still need to replace coordinators who had to work with those very same players. so we would have been so much better without the injuries, but the coordinators are still the problem? how can it be both?

This is the point that I was trying to make last night. Doesn't make sense.

also, really funny how bo gets a pass because of injuries, yet we still need to replace coordinators who had to work with those very same players. so we would have been so much better without the injuries, but the coordinators are still the problem? how can it be both?

This is the point that I was trying to make last night. Doesn't make sense.

i know. i thought it was a great point. deserved more than just a status update. deserved the permanency of a post in a thread.