Defense of Bo

KC Sker

OK, I have been a lurker on this forum for a while but never created an account or posted before until now. I really think people are way off base in wanting to cut Bo loose…Shame on you. I remember a few years back when he was hired Husker nation was over the moon with excitement because this was OUR GUY…no doubt about it. Heck, Bo was appointed and endorsed by TOM himself, what else could we ask for?

Am I happy with how the last few seasons have gone? Absolutely not. Am I OK with Bo making an ass out of himself in the media and shooting his mouth off making the university and the team look bad? Heck no. BUT, I Know this is the same guy that put together one of the best defensive units this program has seen since the 90s and I think he can do it again IF…IF he has the support he had when he was first appointed head coach and some competent coordinators and position coaches. Sprinkle in some recruiting and we could ball with anyone…I really believe that.

Put this season in perspective a bit. Lets say you take the best football team in the country…which is of course Alabama. Now, take away 7 of the 8 best OL player on the team, then remove the best QB on the team, then take away a clutch, speedy receiver on the first team….OK were not quite done yet; add in a MASH unit of FRESHMAN defensive players….(seriously, these guys are freshman people! Guys that just got their first big boy hairs a few years ago and were at senior prom a year ago. What THE F DO YOU EXPECT!) I for one think its is REMARKABLE we made it 8 wins…absolutely incredible. Take all that away from Bama, then turn every media troll in the state on Saban every freakin day…what do you think is gonna happen? NO TEAM CAN OVERCOME THOSE KINDS OF INJURIES AND PRESSURS AND EXPECT TO BE SUCCESFULL…NOT ONE!

Bo has been backend into a corner all season and now we are surprised when he snaps and goes off on some reporter, a ref and the fans…. Really? I am pretty amazed he was able to hold his tongue this long, I wouldn’t have been able to. The same reason everyone loved him as a coach for his passionate enthusiasm is the same reason people are hating on him. . I cant even imagine why he would want to stay here anyway…everyone hates his guts it would seem. Why would anyone want to come here, coach or player? If your thinking its because of the reputation and tradition we had in the 70s-the 90s, think again…no one cares about that but US, Hell, none of the player were even alive during the Huskers hay days. I love the HUSKERS and will cheer for them rain or shine, win or lose, but damn…sometimes I think our fans have unrealistic expectations and are really impatient. It took Tom about 3 decades to win a championship…3 decades. If Tom were to be reincarnated and made Nebraska head ball coach he would be run out of town by the whinny fans and media after a few years. Right now, Nebraska football is a joke…that’s right, a joke to other people. Bo is trying to rebuild a program that was in the toilet and everyone is ready to FIRE him because he hasn’t made the team in to the 1994 Cornhuskers already. Its just crazy. People are impeding the exact same process they are desperate to improve.

Who else you gonna get? If someone says “scott frost” or “Lane Kiffin” I would smack there face…that’s ridiculous. They are either unproven or proven losers respectively. Maybe as Coordinators or recruiters those guys would work out but not as the HC. The only guys in my mind that would appease Husker nation immediately are locked up in long term deals that the university is defiantly not willing to reach that deep in their pockets to procure (Saban or Meyer) Even if they did “show them the money” its likely only a pipe dream. Otherwise the only thing we are going to get is more 8 or 9 win seasons only with a different guy as head coach.

Eichorst already says Bo is back, so even if you don’t agree with him or like him, quit being a baby and support our HC. HE might just surprise you if given a few new staff members, some experienced players and maybe a PR guy for good measure!

I will also add that as painful as this season was, the amount of experience our young guys got this year will pay off in SPADES NEXT year…you cant simulate in game experience in practice and I think that’s not something that should be over looked.

GBR!, sorry for the long post.

I agree with you, no knee jerk reactions, lets everybody calm down a bit and see what happensin the next couple of weeks and our bowl game

OK, I have been a lurker on this forum for a while but never created an account or posted before until now. I really think people are way off base in wanting to cut Bo loose…Shame on you. I remember a few years back when he was hired Husker nation was over the moon with excitement because this was OUR GUY…no doubt about it. Heck, Bo was appointed and endorsed by TOM himself, what else could we ask for?

Am I happy with how the last few seasons have gone? Absolutely not. Am I OK with Bo making an ass out of himself in the media and shooting his mouth off making the university and the team look bad? Heck no. BUT, I Know this is the same guy that put together one of the best defensive units this program has seen since the 90s and I think he can do it again IF…IF he has the support he had when he was first appointed head coach and some competent coordinators and position coaches. Sprinkle in some recruiting and we could ball with anyone…I really believe that.

Put this season in perspective a bit. Lets say you take the best football team in the country…which is of course Alabama. Now, take away 7 of the 8 best OL player on the team, then remove the best QB on the team, then take away a clutch, speedy receiver on the first team….OK were not quite done yet; add in a MASH unit of FRESHMAN defensive players….(seriously, these guys are freshman people! Guys that just got their first big boy hairs a few years ago and were at senior prom a year ago. What THE F DO YOU EXPECT!) I for one think its is REMARKABLE we made it 8 wins…absolutely incredible. Take all that away from Bama, then turn every media troll in the state on Saban every freakin day…what do you think is gonna happen? NO TEAM CAN OVERCOME THOSE KINDS OF INJURIES AND PRESSURS AND EXPECT TO BE SUCCESFULL…NOT ONE!

Bo has been backend into a corner all season and now we are surprised when he snaps and goes off on some reporter, a ref and the fans…. Really? I am pretty amazed he was able to hold his tongue this long, I wouldn’t have been able to. The same reason everyone loved him as a coach for his passionate enthusiasm is the same reason people are hating on him. . I cant even imagine why he would want to stay here anyway…everyone hates his guts it would seem. Why would anyone want to come here, coach or player? If your thinking its because of the reputation and tradition we had in the 70s-the 90s, think again…no one cares about that but US, Hell, none of the player were even alive during the Huskers hay days. I love the HUSKERS and will cheer for them rain or shine, win or lose, but damn…sometimes I think our fans have unrealistic expectations and are really impatient. It took Tom about 3 decades to win a championship…3 decades. If Tom were to be reincarnated and made Nebraska head ball coach he would be run out of town by the whinny fans and media after a few years. Right now, Nebraska football is a joke…that’s right, a joke to other people. Bo is trying to rebuild a program that was in the toilet and everyone is ready to FIRE him because he hasn’t made the team in to the 1994 Cornhuskers already. Its just crazy. People are impeding the exact same process they are desperate to improve.

Who else you gonna get? If someone says “scott frost” or “Lane Kiffin” I would smack there face…that’s ridiculous. They are either unproven or proven losers respectively. Maybe as Coordinators or recruiters those guys would work out but not as the HC. The only guys in my mind that would appease Husker nation immediately are locked up in long term deals that the university is defiantly not willing to reach that deep in their pockets to procure (Saban or Meyer) Even if they did “show them the money” its likely only a pipe dream. Otherwise the only thing we are going to get is more 8 or 9 win seasons only with a different guy as head coach.

Eichorst already says Bo is back, so even if you don’t agree with him or like him, quit being a baby and support our HC. HE might just surprise you if given a few new staff members, some experienced players and maybe a PR guy for good measure!

I will also add that as painful as this season was, the amount of experience our young guys got this year will pay off in SPADES NEXT year…you cant simulate in game experience in practice and I think that’s not something that should be over looked.

GBR!, sorry for the long post.

One point no one else has addressed is that Tom Osborne was playing for national titles long before he actually won one. He had 18 top 10 finishes in 25 years. Most of those years we were in the hunt for the title. Now people just hope we don't fall out of the top 25. Huge difference between Osborne and Pelini.

I've always wondered how many more titles Osborne would have won if Oklahoma hadn't been cheating.