Next Year's QB: Who Will it Be?

Could you imagine if drake Martinez was moved to qb? The meltdown from fans would be epic.

Honestly, though, Stanton sounds intriguing, because he won the elite 11, correct? Nothing against Armstrong, but that is saying something for Stanton. In the end, it's just potential. I just want someone who takes care of the ball and plays well consistently. Everyone wants that though, right?

Could you imagine if drake Martinez was moved to qb? The meltdown from fans would be epic.

Honestly, though, Stanton sounds intriguing, because he won the elite 11, correct? Nothing against Armstrong, but that is saying something for Stanton. In the end, it's just potential. I just want someone who takes care of the ball and plays well consistently. Everyone wants that though, right?

I believe he finished 5th or 6th which is still great considering he made it into the Elite 11. The UCLA QB Asiantii Woulard placed 1st

I believe he finished 5th or 6th which is still great considering he made it into the Elite 11. The UCLA QB Asiantii Woulard placed 1st

Thanks for the info. I don't follow those things like I used to. What do they judge them on if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for the info. I don't follow those things like I used to. What do they judge them on if you don't mind me asking?

It's an actual QB competition on ESPN. Trent Dilfer is the host and a few other former QB's are there as well. It's basically a camp. They go through tests like the 2 minute drill, hitting your receiver in a goal line or red zone situation, etc.

It's an actual QB competition on ESPN. Trent Dilfer is the host and a few other former QB's are there as well. It's basically a camp. They go through tests like the 2 minute drill, hitting your receiver in a goal line or red zone situation, etc.

I see. Sounds like quite an honor to just to be picked so good for him. Thanks again man.

Another poster brought it up in another thread, but I believe Stanton was in 1st before he left for a 7-on-7 tournament and missed a day or two.

I can see both t.a and Johnny get playing time. I think beck will play a 2 qb system, unless someone really doesn't grasp the offense. Both kids have different attributes that they can bring to the table. No clear cut starter at this point.

What do you think, power option with tommy and read option with more pass plays with Stanton?

I think both Armstrong and Stanton will be fine QBs. It's a good problem to have.

Ideally, I'd like to see us go to a more power-run oriented offense to take the pressure off these guys. Our bread and butter should be power runs with Abdullah/Cross/Newby/Taylor. Mix in the jet sweep that seems to give everyone so much trouble (most especially us). Passing wise play-action passes should be our bread and butter, with screens (middle, bubble, slip) and crossing routes prominently in the mix.

If Beck were smart, he would really dumb down the offense and run say 12 base plays to perfection.

This. OMG this!!!