Beck is paid well.....Very well

lo country

There is a really nice article in the Orlando Sentinel about Rick Darlington, QB comit Zack Darlington's dad. It tells how he redone his offense to accomendate with the loss of Zack, his starting RB and receiver. He sounds like he has a very good offensive mind and some think he could be the next Gus Malzahn if he gets a chance at this next level. I could see Bo taking a shot with him if Beck leaves.

I agree. Nebraska should become The University of Nebraska Workforce Development and Training University. On the job training, all while being paid 700,000 dollars a year. It seems to be working well for the program so far. Beck and Papuchis will train here for a few years until they run the most effective and efficient offenses and defenses in the country, then they will be promoted on to bigger and better things elsewhere. I love the idea of Nebraska being the first stop for rookie coaches.

My only question is doesn't Rick Darlington have to move to Youngstown for at least a month before he can be hired at Nebraska? Or has he lived in Youngstown before?

• Fire 1

I'm glad you agree...

Just bustin your balls man. It was a smartass way of telling you I think Nebraska needs to stop with the rookie coaches. Maybe somewhere down the line we find some up and comer with a bit of a track record. Still, I hope it's more of a track record than 3 years as a defensive coordinator like the jackass we have now. I just think the state of the program right now needs a group of guys who have been there and done it. Not just for football reasons, but these guys need a leader. They need a guy who understands the right way to motivate young people and not focus their time and energy on so much negativity. It's been a terrible environment created around here and some leadership and instant on field success would do wonders for Nebraska. A rookie coach or rookie assistants "might" bring the leadership, maybe, but immediate on field success is usually tough for a inexperienced coach.

You don't motivate people with a " we'll show them" mentality, or an "us against the world mentality". Young guys don't need to be focusing on things like that, and secondly, it's a problem when "them" has somehow become the Greatest Fans in All of College football at Nebraska.

I hear you there...I can't stand that attitude and thought process. It tends to lead to more disfunction then anything.