End of the Regular Season: Let's Take a Look at the Numbers

So I have been doing a lot of thinking about what happened this year. I just found some interesting numbers that show why we are where we are.

I looked at on 4 categories that matter. I believe these 4 are the key to winning an losing. Based on our final ranking at the end of the year it is very obvious that our "young/inexperienced Defense" carried this team. Goes to show that BO did an amazing job with the defense. We are were saying that our offense was going to play lights out and blow the doors of everybody. Even without the injuries, not sure we were going to the power house offense we all thought we were going to be.

Total Offense - 58th GMs Plays Yards Yards/Play Off Td's Td's YPG 58 Nebraska 12 903 5054 5.60 46 51 421.2

Total Defense - Tied 34th GMs Plays Yards Yards/Play Off Td's Opp Td's YPG - Nebraska 12 844 4404 5.22 37 37 367.0

Turnover Margin - Tied 119th GMs Fum Rec Opp Int T/O Gain Fum Lost Int's T/O Lost Margi Avg - Nebraska 12 3 13 16 16 12 28 -12 -1.0

Fewest Penalties - 76th Gms Penalties Pen/Gm 76 Nebraska 12 70 5.83

Here is where I got the numbers.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/697/p2