Miami fires coaches - Blake

kramer

agreed Ross.  but to play a sort of devil's advocate, we have lost 1 coach a year since the BC staff came in.  though Turner was from the "old" staff.

So was Downing wasn't he?

Both were from the old staff and they both went to take head coaching jobs. I just can't see Blake or any other assistant leaving NU to take a similar position at another university. Each coach has relationships with their players built at this point and I would hope it would be hard for them to leave. Now, if this were a head coaching position we were talking about at Miami, that would be a different story entirely. Obviously, Turner was out of position coaching WRs and both he and Downing were looking for a head coaching career.

When did we become so paranoid about our coaching staff leaving?

Since Petersen decided to trash the program and hire professionals from outside the NU system. These new coaches aren't part of the Husker family, they have no allegiance to NU (didn't they have to be schooled in who our rivals were last year?). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see coach turnover go way up in the new era.

Since Petersen decided to trash the program and hire professionals from outside the NU system. These new coaches aren't part of the Husker family, they have no allegiance to NU (didn't they have to be schooled in who our rivals were last year?). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see coach turnover go way up in the new era.

yeah Pelini woulda been loyal, i'm sure he never would have left- ever!

:sarcasm

:)

devaney was an outside.

i'm just saying...

Right, and God knows the "Husker Family" cannot accept outsiders!!! Sounds more like a cult to me, except that a cult actually accepts new members...... ;) This kind of stuff cracks me up.

I have to disagree. I don't ever see Mack Brown leaving Texas and I think Stoops will be at OU for a long time.

So Mack Brown has been there 6 years. How old is he again? Only 19 more years to catch TO. Plus his staff has changed over those six years. You actually thank that if Stoops keeps losing his coaches and the pros keep knocking on his door that he won't leave?

I agree with what most of you have said. There will never be another run like Tom Osborne had, just too much parity and pressure to win. I think it's ridiculous to say that we had to stay within the husker family. We're adding to the family here. It looks like Callahan has embraced our tradition in the two short years he's been here. What we did during the Osborne years was amazing and will never happen again in college football.