Consistency: Where does Nebraska rank?

It doesn't mean that we're at the same level as Alabama or Oregon but it's pretty impressive non-the-less. As others have said, if it were so easy, there would be more teams doing it. Not only now at six years, but there we're very many more a couple years ago when we were at four years. It shows that we are consistently competing - and winning - most of our game. Doesn't mean that it's good enough to be satisfied with, but it's not bad enough to be totally disappointed with either.

At this point, it's a glass half full/empty argument. One side says we always lose four games so that must be the ceiling with Bo. The other side sees consistent winning and sees the possibility to be right at the top if we can turn one or two more games into Ws.

To me, there are plenty of things that can (need to) be improved upon. It would seem to be pretty obvious that if we can do some of our own things better (turnovers, etc.) we would be in a much better position to win at least a couple of the games we lose. The question - and continuing argument - is whether those things will be improved-upon or not.

Nine wins is nothing to sneeze at and I guess the numbers don't lie, but as far as passing the eye, ears, nose and gut test, Nebraska doesn't sit at the same table as Oregon and Alabama.

People keep using Oregon and Bama in the same sentence! I just don't get it. They've had some success but IMO they are nowhere near the same caliber as Alabama. Ask the powers that be at Oregon if they would trade their last decade of success for 5 national titles and 3 heisman trophies in their trophy case.

They're not, but to discredit their run is pretty ill-advised.

Yeah my point wasn't to discredit anything Oregon has done but I get irritated that they get put on the same level as Bama in conversations. Do we want to be where Oregon is or where Bama is because the two aren't even close IMO. A lot of husker fans would take either but when you can only choose one, the answer is obvious.

Oh and our problem is that we've been where Bama is and Oregon is where Kstate was in the 90s.

Nine wins is nothing to sneeze at and I guess the numbers don't lie, but as far as passing the eye, ears, nose and gut test, Nebraska doesn't sit at the same table as Oregon and Alabama.

People keep using Oregon and Bama in the same sentence! I just don't get it. They've had some success but IMO they are nowhere near the same caliber as Alabama. Ask the powers that be at Oregon if they would trade their last decade of success for 5 national titles and 3 heisman trophies in their trophy case.

They're not, but to discredit their run is pretty ill-advised.

Yeah my point wasn't to discredit anything Oregon has done but I get irritated that they get put on the same level as Bama in conversations. Do we want to be where Oregon is or where Bama is because the two aren't even close IMO. A lot of husker fans would take either but when you can only choose one, the answer is obvious.

Oh and our problem is that we've been where Bama is and Oregon is where Kstate was in the 90s.

I don't think the point is that Alabama and Oregon are equal. I don't see anywhere that's been claimed. The point is, both are significantly better programs than Nebraska, now and over the last six years overall.

The nine win streak is nice. It makes for a good trivia question and maybe a reasonable bragging point if you're cubicle neighbors with an Iowa or Missouri fan.

But to shout the fact that it groups us with Bama and Oregon and then be like...

tumblr_ls72l5yoJb1qjbeju.gif

...is pretty silly. I mean, just look at winning percentage alone.

UByGj21.png

Then consider significant accomplishments, like conference championships, BCS bowl appearances, top 10 finishes, etc. Alabama and Oregon have lots in that span. We have none.

But yeah, if you work next to an Iowa fan, go ahead and run with it