Queries -

Couple of things I'd like to ask -

1. Strongest Conference in 2005 ?

I have to go with Big 10, final ranking PSU - 3rd : OSU 4th

2. Not to put FSU down, as they gave PSU a great game but how did a team

8 - 4 get into a bowl against a team that was 10 - 1? Purely ticket sales?

Don't you think a team with better record should have played Penn State.

My board is pretty quiet

(we're new and don't have very many members yet) :flush

that is the way that the bcs works. FSU was a confrence champ and got the automatic bid. there will always be teams out there that thinks they get screwed. One team that got a BCS bid only because of ticket sales is Notre Dame. I feel that Oregon should have gotten that BCS Bid. They were rated higher in the final BCS standing and were 10-1.

Victors, Victors, Victors....(shake head slowly back and forth)

I actually like most of your posts. Seriously, you are very respectful in your posts to members of this board, and you sometimes have decent arguments to back-up your pro-BIG TEN and MICHIGAN stances. But...

How did you EVER come up this stuff

Sounds like to me, you just want stir things up on this board? You know that every member on this board would respond to that quote with overall bowl wins this year. This will lead to comparing like opponents...yaddy ya ya. We've been through all of this before the Alamo Bowl. And, of course, we would boast that the B12 has the 2005-2006 champ. Yaddy ya ya

I would say that NO CONFERENCE - even the BIG TWELVE - could say that they were the dominate conference this year. Ohio State beat up on Notre Dame...so what? IMO, Notre Dame is just as overrated as Michigan. (Oops that might stir up a reply). I'm not saying that OSU dooesnt' deserve their ranking, it's just that it doesn't prove anything.

Sorry your board isn't interesting right now. Maybe you can post on your board that you think that the BIG TWELVE is the strongest conference and see what happens. That should keep you busy for awhile

Victor we appreciate your posts as they are respectful and not just coming here to stir things up. Believe me, we have our share.

The question is a valid one. No reason to run off. Everyone who follows the rules can post. Period.

Silent Commit, lay off a bit.

I agree with silents comments for the most part. yes osu and psu both being in the top 10 are good aguments for the big 10 but you have to look at the total rankings. where are the rest of the big 10 ranked?

and if you want to look at statistics then go with the final rankings of each team and average them out and then you might have an arguement for the best confrence.

This is your board and I shan't post my dribble here any more.

Hey Victors, you're a member of this board, too!!

Sorry to have alienated you, and I was probably a bit harsh on how I perceived your intentions with your post. Please accept my apologizes. Like I said...I like most of your posts...I just didn't get why your last post was so discontinguous.

Don't you think a team with better record should have played Penn State.

If anyone else was watching the TCU vs. ISU game, I think the announcers mentioned that next year there will be some change to the BCS that if the conference champ of a BCS conference has a worse record and is rated lower than what's considered a "worthy" non BCS team, that team will take its place. They were saying that if this were next year TCU would likely have been in the BCS as opposed to FSU. Anyone else remember this?

Stay with us, Victors Valient, for you are welcome. I post on your site, so feel free!

Regarding the best conference question, the first step is to agree upon the criteria to be used and the weight appled to each of those factors. Once that is determnined, then it is simple to apply the figures to determine which conf comes out ahead. Should stats be used for regular season and bowl game? Or, should scoring be the factor? Should only the bowls be considered or just the regular season? If polls are to be used, whose? Presumably the polls take into account the competition, but not completely. Then, how much weight is applied to the rankings, such as : does the #1 place have as much weight as 2 other teams ranked #s 3 and 4 combined?

The problem, obviously, is that the 2 camps will not agree to a specific criteria, because they know which one will result most beneficially to their stance. Isn't conjecture fun?

as wrong as it was for FSU to make it this year (though they did manage to show how overrated PSU was), Pitt making it last year was even more pathetic. at least FSU won a decent conference. Pitt won a Miami/VTech-less Big East. which is now akin to winning, what? Conf USA?

:thumbs

College Football News did their own ranking of the conferences. It's posted here:

collegefootballnews.com

Their criteria and such are listed in the article. The final rankings were:

Final Conference Rankings

1. ACC

2. Big 12

3. Big Ten

4. Pac 10

5. SEC

6. Big East

7. Mounrtain West

8. Conference USA

9. MAC

10.Independents

11. WAC

12. Sun Belt

Victor we appreciate your posts as they are respectful and not just coming here to stir things up. Believe me, we have our share.

The question is a valid one. No reason to run off. Everyone who follows the rules can post. Period.

Silent Commit, lay off a bit.

I second that. Relax, I know were all excited about the bowl game. His reason for picking big 10 is becuase of the two highly rated team. Someone else may say the conference with the most teams in the top 25. ;)

Okay, Okay...I TOTALLY got defensive, miscontrued VVs intentions, and over-reacted. I WAS WRONG. sorry. sorry. Sorry. Feel like a heel. My bad. Don't know what else to say :bat

Its all good. We have had allot of trolls come through here lately. VV isn't one of them.

It can get hard to see who is sincere and who isn't considering how many were here just to flame. Silent commit I understand your intentions. VV is just an exception. A good Egg. ;) Just like you. :thumbs