Media Responsibility: To Generate Clicks or Facts?

We're not stuck, though ... there are thousands of better media out there that produce very quality articles and so on. Assuming we're that smart (and I hope we are :D), the only answer is for more of us to exist, because that population of 'us' comprises not only the media consumers, but also the media producers of the future. The more educated people, the more quality alternatives/competitors/replacements to low-quality news media, the more popular those are, and the more socially conscious the future leaders of Fox/MSNBC/etc will be. OK, so the last one may be a pipe dream.

Guess what I'm saying is I hope you have a lot of kids 'cause you'll raise them right :)

A really sad situation is that I have actually met people who claim they get their news from The Daily Show. It is sad when the actual "News" organizations are so bad that people actually think they are getting news from a show that openly says it is a comedy entertainment show.

Makes me think of this:

Also, back in the day, the Daily Show's tagline was actually: "Where more Americans get their news than probably should"

Wow....I wanted to jump through my computer screen and give JS a big hug. Sad thing is, I don't think the other two had a friggen clue what he was talking about.

• 2 weeks later...