Rivals.....are they this stupid?

Weasel

Just caught this on Rivals:

They rate the BIG 10 as the best conference after the bowl results.......You've got to freakin kidding me. To think I was actually considering subscribing to this online rag??

RIVALS CONFERENCE RATINGS

ACC (8) 5-3

Big 12 (8) 5-3

Pac-10 (5) 3-2

SEC (6) 3-3

C-USA (6) 3-3

Mountain West (4) 2-2

Independents (2) 1-1

MAC (2) 1-1

Big Ten (7) 3-4 (HERE IS YOUR NUMBER ONE CONFERENCE......lmao...!)

WAC (3) 1-2

Big East (4) 1-3

Sun Belt (1) 0-1

Thoughts?

Weasel

Ok...so, we didn't perform on the big stage when we had to? Didn't Texas win the national championship?

yeah, and Oklahoma beat the BCS #5 team. Nebraska beat a Michigan team that was rated much higher than them. ISU lost to the #10 team. Texas Tech lost to the #12 team on a last second field goal.

In the 3 Big ten wins, the #3 rated Penn St. beat a 8-4 team in triple overtime.

Ohio St. stomped a media stroked Notre Dame team that was more hype than substance.

Wisconsin had a solid win over a good opponent in Auburn.

How does that even put them above #4 in that stupid rating system they have? That's just dumb. I think that pretty much everyone in the media still won't admit that they unjustly gave the Big 12 no credit all season.

Granted Ohio State was suprising, even though I thought all along ND was overrated.

Penn State was a very cool story this year, and regardless of Florida State's record, they are ALWAYS tough in bowl games (was probably my favorite bowl game besides the Alamo... Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno, enough said)

STILL, we won 5 games, Big 10 won 3. Big 12 won the NC and had a few big upsets (NC game included).

The ACC probably deserves the #1 spot, with Big 12 #2... Big 10, well.. I'd put them #4 or #5.

I'm not sure what Rivals is smoking though... must be some good sh#t.