post season games

this is what i've seen so far:

January 21st--

Hula Bowl: Cory Ross (#31) and Titus Adams (#96), for the West squad

East-West Shrine Game: LeKevin Smith (#66), West again

January 28th--

Senior Bowl: Daniel Bullocks. #? as was already posted, the rosters will be announced on the 22nd.

I was glad to see Cory get an invite.

BTW, all the above players have also been invited to the NFL combine.

no Sam Koch though <_<

as far as ratings, i'm trying to keep up with some of the wannabe draft "expert" rankings, etc. here:

http://www.geocities.com/nflhuskers/draft/...ldraft2006.html

January 21st--

Hula Bowl: Cory Ross (#31) and Titus Adams (#96), for the West squad

East-West Shrine Game: LeKevin Smith (#66), West again

the site i got the original rosters from was a little off about Ross, to say the least. It was dated from late December so I don't know if he WAS going to be in the Hula bowl but it matters not now as he's going to be in the E-W Shrine Game on Saturday.

He will be wearing #7. just look for the short dude with the "N" on his helmet... :thumbs

Smith (#66 Shrine Game) and Adams (#96 Hula Bowl) are still correct.

Also, quite a few practice notes on Ross (special thanks to the KFFL forums):

The Jets were the only team we saw talking to one of the big secrets at the game, DB Danieal Manning from Abilene Christian. Originally a Nebraska guy, we’ll talk more about this rising star soon.

The Panthers went right for Joe Toledo, the Washington OT whose injury issues have been a concern but otherwise shows the potential to dominate at the next level. For a team with a thin line, he could be the answer in the 3rd or if he slips to the 4th, which we doubt. They also talked guite a bit to short, stocky Nebraska RB Cory Ross . Ross might be as short as 5’6”, but he was low and powerful, kept his legs moving, and caught a few nice passes.

and...

Nebraska's Cory Ross continued to look like the kind of guy who could stick. He seemed like a more powerful Quentin Griffin, and really impressed me with his receiving skills. He's a very determined runner and he knows how to use his low center of gravity to go through the hole like a pinball.

and...

It's still questionable if Nebraska OH Cory Ross is a guy who's going to be draftable, but one thing is not in question - his effort. He really hits the hole well and shows a pretty good burst. He doesn't have magic feet or really any superlative qualities, plus he's very, very short, but he might be strong enough and have enough fire to worth a gamble pick in the seventh round as a kind of Darren Sproles-like player.

http://www.gbnreport.com/shrinereport.htm

Even though the ESPN bashing on this board has died down can i rant about Mark May?

The Texas DT had a great game and May gave him credit. but May then noted that the guy's best play was when he "made a tackle without a helmet!". wow.

Newsflash for Mark: its not a "tackle" when the opposing player is already down on the ground and is in the process of getting back up again when the Texas DT just piles on. with or without a helmet.

IMO it looked like the DT was trying to prove that he could still be physical even without his helmet- though the player he hit was probably even more vulnerable than he was. May bought it though.

Had the refs appropriately thrown a penalty flag it would have been one of the dumbest plays in the game- not a positive highlight.