USA TODAY: Justices hit straw purchasers of guns

Oh? Please inform me what I don't know of Fast and Furious. I assume you were involved in it to know so much more than I. Also, please share with everybody exactly how many investigations you've been involved with to have such intimate knowledge of the investigation process.

What do you think that you know about Fast and Furious? It's probably easiest to start from there.

Oh? Please inform me what I don't know of Fast and Furious. I assume you were involved in it to know so much more than I. Also, please share with everybody exactly how many investigations you've been involved with to have such intimate knowledge of the investigation process.

What do you think that you know about Fast and Furious? It's probably easiest to start from there.

To what end? I was challenged, I look forward to the trove of info that Stigori is sure to provide.

You seem to have a fixation with me, I'm flattered.

Now can we deal with the fact that we can't keep gun owner info on computers.... We have what is probably the last piece of info in existence that is NOT in a computer database.

There is no database, and there shouldn't be, unless concessions are made.

There are rows and rows and rows of file cabinets of paper files. Where do you think all those registrations end up? The information exists, there is not a single good reason why that that information is not entered into digital format. The only thing it does it waste time and money (both paid by the tax payers) when there is a need to track a gun.

Agreed. When we track the sale of other things that can kill at the will of the operator (e.g. automobiles), it makes no sense to forego tracking firearm transactions.

To what end? Tell me, how do they know which gun store to go to when investigating a crime? I mean, that is the whole purpose of archiving the 4477's in a database, correct? How long do you think it would take them to develop some actionable intelligence? Days, weeks, months or years? What are they going to do when they get the 4477s in hand? Do they process 20 years worth from every FFL in the state every time a violent crime involving a firearm is committed? Why do you feel it's the Fed's business versus the state's? You actually want the orchestrators of "Fast and Furious" to track MY guns? No.

Can someone run to the store? Looks like we're out of foil wrap again.