Big12 opponent series 2: Iowa State

I agree. I expect there to be little if any overall improvement from ISU from this season to next. Plus we saw a huge improvement from the 'skers' throughout the season, and they ended up a completely different team. I expect improvement on both sides of the ball and in the confidence of the Huskers. Should be a fun season. Many a highlight tapes will be made next year!

:rollin:rollin:rollin So only NU improves from season to season??? :rollin:rollin

Only Nu had a good bowl game? ISU played #11 (11-1) TCU in their bowl within 3 points in TCU's BACKYARD.

Series history only counts when it's in NU's favor? :rollin:rollin

You guys crack me up sometimes. That's why these boards are fun. :)

The NU team that played ISU in october 05 is not the same team that played CU and michigan. NU should win in Ames for the first time since 2000 i believe.

Excuse me, neither is the ISU team, correct me if I'm wrong, you are returning 17 of 22 starters, so it's almost the EXACT team that took two OT's and a school record passing game by taylor to beat ISU in lincoln.

ISU will choke as always. They get pumped for the Big Red and play like

there suppose to against everybody else.

ISU definitely chokes when playing to win the north, but they haven't choked against NU in Ames since 2000. Obviously Nu could win in Ames, but IMO, they won't.

Clone i can see your point of view. But you are forgetting you will have a somewhat inexperienced defense next season and unless both units are clicking good, that is a receipe for disaster. We all saw how good defenses win championships but we also saw how a good offense can also win a championship. Case in point Texas.

Also the 17 of 22 returning you are referring to included newbies on the job. As the season went on, NU got better and better without it's main TE target. Without it's 2 main LB's. Other guys faded away due to injury (Chris Brooks, Frantz Hardy). I expect this game to come down to the wire unless the ISU team we are facing has just lost it's games against Texas and Iowa by 14 points or more.

I expect this game to come down to the wire unless the ISU team we are facing has just lost it's games against Texas and Iowa by 14 points or more.

I'll go out on a limb here.... Texas will beat the clones (and every other B12 north team they face). JMO, but I suspect only OU has a good shot at upsetting the Texas apple cart in 2006.

Although I want the hawks to win, I predict the clones will beat Iowa again and I also expect the NU/ISU game to be close. I just predict a different outcome than you. IMO The clones will win in Ames again in 2006. It wouldn't shock me if the only quality ISU wins all season are Iowa and NU. One is the intrastate rivalry and the other is the only conference game the clones seem to "get up" for, probably because of the large number of neb players at ISU.:)

Wait, i am confussed. Why would you want the hawks to win? :wtf

favorite teams:

HAWKS

ISU

NU

Penn St (I know, huskers hate 'em, but wifey is from there)

big10

big12

Yeah, I know, hawk and clone fans hate each other, my late father was a hawks fan, I like both Iowa teams, little bro likes the clones and the middle bro doesn't even watch football. Two of my sisters are NU fans and one is a hawks fan. I have been following Nu since the late sixties and going to occasional NU games since '92. Go figure. :)

I used to post on hawk and clone boards but they hate each other so much I couldn't take it! I only post on two boards and both are husker boards.

then why the name clone instead of something like "hawk" or benjamin pierce lol

funny this is comin from a guy who's online alias is a pink floyd song posting on husker boards.

:rollin

It's one of my original names. my clones have more in "common" with the huskers. Play the same teams in the same conference. More common subjects. :)