Fairweather Vs. Fed the @$@#$ Up

I agree with this poster, in fact I just registered to make this comment. I have been rooting for the Huskers since late 1970's and haven't missed a game on TV or in person or the web since. I count down the days until the season starts to get myself through our awful Arizona summers here. So not a fair-weather fan in any shape, way or form.

I was happy when Bo was hired as he had a connection to Nebraska and seemed like he had the passion and energy to return us back to national prominence. However, it's been 7 years and the results are the same EVERY single year. And I don't by into this "you can't fire a coach who has 9 wins" as it takes a much wider perspective than this for the AD when making up his/her mind on coaches.

The mental breakdowns, the lack of discipline, the absolute unbelievable way we come out in the second half of games with no improvements or adjustments??? It all adds up to a need to make a change and to do so after this season is over. I would rather struggle a bit with a new coach than to keep repeating these losses and seasons for another 7 years.

I know I won't be popular with this, but I would like to See Frost come as either the HC or OC but with maybe a coach-in-waiting tag. I think it's important to hire someone with NU ties so we don't go through another Callahan era where we stop the walk-on program and alienate the entire alumni's. I think we get Tressel and sign him to a 5 year contract with Frost as the OC and then let him take over after Tressel is done.

i was with you until the bolded part. It would be great if we had a coach that was good enough to take the reigns at NU that worked under Tom, but we don't. So hireing another inexperienced guy just cause he wore a jersey here is going to lead us to repeat the Frank/Bo era's. Walk on's donn't win sh#t, they fill in if your first and second string players get hurt. If you are using them for anything more, you are going to be a middle of the pack four or more loss team.

Look a few threads down. There's actually folks rooting for Bob Stoops to run Perrine in the 4th quarter so he can break Gordon's record.

First - really?

Second - it's a shame that people are rooting for another team's coach to run his RB to break an all time negative record that is in the record books by the name Nebraska.

How far has this team fallen?!?

• Fire 1

I agree with this poster, in fact I just registered to make this comment. I have been rooting for the Huskers since late 1970's and haven't missed a game on TV or in person or the web since. I count down the days until the season starts to get myself through our awful Arizona summers here. So not a fair-weather fan in any shape, way or form.

I was happy when Bo was hired as he had a connection to Nebraska and seemed like he had the passion and energy to return us back to national prominence. However, it's been 7 years and the results are the same EVERY single year. And I don't by into this "you can't fire a coach who has 9 wins" as it takes a much wider perspective than this for the AD when making up his/her mind on coaches.

The mental breakdowns, the lack of discipline, the absolute unbelievable way we come out in the second half of games with no improvements or adjustments??? It all adds up to a need to make a change and to do so after this season is over. I would rather struggle a bit with a new coach than to keep repeating these losses and seasons for another 7 years.

I know I won't be popular with this, but I would like to See Frost come as either the HC or OC but with maybe a coach-in-waiting tag. I think it's important to hire someone with NU ties so we don't go through another Callahan era where we stop the walk-on program and alienate the entire alumni's. I think we get Tressel and sign him to a 5 year contract with Frost as the OC and then let him take over after Tressel is done.

i was with you until the bolded part. It would be great if we had a coach that was good enough to take the reigns at NU that worked under Tom, but we don't. So hireing another inexperienced guy just cause he wore a jersey here is going to lead us to repeat the Frank/Bo era's. Walk on's donn't win sh#t, they fill in if your first and second string players get hurt. If you are using them for anything more, you are going to be a middle of the pack four or more loss team.

What is the tradition of Nebraska then if you don't care about the walk-on's and other aspects of NU that set us apart from other schools and traditions? I want to win but I don't want to win by just being Alabama of the midwest. I know that sounds stupid, and I am sure this will get quoted, but there's always been something special about the Huskers, the school, the fans, the coaches, etc. and I would like to keep that alive. So hiring someone with some ties to the state or program just makes sense to me...

Doesn't want to change offensive schemes.

Doesn't want to change offensive staffs.

Doesn't want to change defensive schemes.

Doesn't want to change defensive staffs.

If he is willing to change all of this I will give him another year. If he cannot or will not then he needs to go. And if that makes me a Boliever, so be it.

"Fairweather" doesn't mean that a fanbase can't be critical. I think of "fairweather fans" as the people who didn't care, then suddenly are SUPER FANS when the team does well, and then acts like they never heard of the team once thigns go bad. A "fan" doesn't mean "always likes" it is short for "fanatic" (seriously, look up the etymology). A fantaic can be upset and angry when the team doesn't do well and should hold the team above any one or even handful of individuals. If there is a person (or group of people) who are making the team look bad, a fanatic OUGHT to demand a change.

• Fire 1

If he is willing to change all of this I will give him another year. If he cannot or will not then he needs to go. And if that makes me a Boliever, so be it.

Who are we talking about here?

He's not going to do it, man!

Don't set yourself up for another letdown! Don't do it!

Thank god your not a judge, you would let every criminal walk, if they promised to change.

Thank god your not a judge, you would let every criminal walk, if they promised to change.

Don't know how old you are, but if you're as old as I am, you'll remember this....

There's a scene in the movie Raising Arizona where H.I. (Nicholas Cage) is in front of the parole boar - for like the third time.

Here's how that went:

Parole Board chairman: They've got a name for people like you H.I. That name is called "recidivism."

Parole Board member: Repeat offender!

Parole Board chairman: Not a pretty name, is it H.I.?

H.I.: No, sir. That's one bonehead name, but that ain't me any more.

Parole Board chairman: You're not just telling us what we want to hear?

H.I.: No, sir, no way.

Parole Board member: 'Cause we just want to hear the truth.

H.I.: Well, then I guess I am telling you what you want to hear.

Parole Board chairman: Boy, didn't we just tell you not to do that?

H.I.: Yes, sir.

Parole Board chairman: Okay, then.

This is how Bo has been with the Nebraska fan base. He's a repeat offender. They need to have a three strikes rule for him.