The Fall From Grace

T_O_Bull

9-10 wins is pretty good.

No it isn't. Lets get this very clear to all Husker Nation. Due to the fact you get 4 cream puffs a year, and 4 you should be fairly able to manage like Illinois. Its not a good number of wins. People that are thinking that live in the past when teams would play 11 or 12 games a year, Now we play 13 or 14. If Nebraska is not winning 80 percent of its games its not good enough. If you loose over 25% of your games which is what 9-4 is. Then how are you a top 25 team? Being ranked at Nebraska should be a birth right. I mean we go 8-4 and when our bowl game we are 9-4, but if we go 8-4 we are in the bottom half of our side of the conference. I am completely failing to see how having a record that puts us in the bottom half of conference is a good thing, Maybe if your Iowa State. My how the mighty have fallen. This use to be a top ten program. Its no longer a top 25 program. But officially Missouri and Texas A&M are better programs than ours right now. Winners don't settle for average.

No it isn't. Lets get this very clear to all Husker Nation. Due to the fact you get 4 cream puffs a year, and 4 you should be fairly able to manage like Illinois. Its not a good number of wins. People that are thinking that live in the past when teams would play 11 or 12 games a year, Now we play 13 or 14. If Nebraska is not winning 80 percent of its games its not good enough. If you loose over 25% of your games which is what 9-4 is. Then how are you a top 25 team? Being ranked at Nebraska should be a birth right. I mean we go 8-4 and when our bowl game we are 9-4, but if we go 8-4 we are in the bottom half of our side of the conference. I am completely failing to see how having a record that puts us in the bottom half of conference is a good thing, Maybe if your Iowa State. My how the mighty have fallen. This use to be a top ten program. Its no longer a top 25 program. But officially Missouri and Texas A&M are better programs than ours right now. Winners don't settle for average.

And yet...a lot of teams can't get to 9-10 wins, especially year after year. I really wish the highs were higher. But I'm really glad the lows aren't lower, and they could be. Just look at nearly every team since 2008. 9 or 10 wins is a fine number, people just want a year or two every 5 where we have more than that. So do I, maybe not as badly as some want it.

And yet...a lot of teams can't get to 9-10 wins, especially year after year. I really wish the highs were higher. But I'm really glad the lows aren't lower, and they could be. Just look at nearly every team since 2008. 9 or 10 wins is a fine number, people just want a year or two every 5 where we have more than that. So do I, maybe not as badly as some want it.
A lot of teams also don't pump the amount of money and resources into the program in they way Nebraska does, including the fans. The whole "a lot of teams would kill for our record" argument is such a defeatist attitude. When you, as a program and fan base, put in quite a bit of effort and resources you expect quality results. I'm not asking for a 14-0 or 13-1 record every year but I am looking for a program that is competitive in the games that matter. I really don't see that as being too much to ask for.

A lot of teams also don't pump the amount of money and resources into the program in they way Nebraska does, including the fans. The whole "a lot of teams would kill for our record" argument is such a defeatist attitude. When you, as a program and fan base, put in quite a bit of effort and resources you expect quality results. I'm not asking for a 14-0 or 13-1 record every year but I am looking for a program that is competitive in the games that matter. I really don't see that as being too much to ask for.

I agree with being competitive on the field but our head coach thinks 9 wins is good enough. So with that thinking a coaching is needed to move ahead.