Offer Briles 5-7 million a year and see what happens

Dagerow

Baylor just built him a brand new state of the art stadium. Cmon. Art Brile IS Baylor. He's the Devaney of Baylor. He's the Tim Miles of Baylor. He's not going anywhere. The way he not only made Baylor relevant, but made them THE team of the Big12, means Baylor has went in a direction of massive investment in the guy. I dont see him ever leaving.

+1. Not a snowballs chance in hell he leaves, doesn't matter what money is being thrown at him. Every single Baylor alum I know loves the guy's recent success. Something funny I heard on the radio this morning, Baylor has hired a PR firm to try to improve their chances of getting into the playoffs. Hell if they'll spend money like that for a playoff birth, imagine the money they'd shell out to ensure he stays as their head coach. Any sort of move for him from any program, would only result in a pay increase an extension like Saban got last year.

Yeah I was excited and was thinking man never thought about Briles, but after reading a lot of these posts I would have to agree that he isn't going to leave Texas and probably not even Baylor. Kinda funny because there were a lot of people that thought he would fall on his face after RGIII Graduated, but that didn't happen. He is a good coach that recruits guys he can teach and it paid off and now he is getting better players and doing really well.

We need the best, not someone who is unproven, so why not offer a premium price.

Do you remember Texas A&M trying to buy a national championship with the Jackie Sherrill hire? Throwing money at a problem doesn't always work.

Besides, Many Nebraskans are less than lukewarm on anything Texas / Big 12.