Bowl Prediction

What do you guys who have been there think of the Holiday Bowl atmosphere,.....I heard the stadium is getting pretty run down?

I've been to numerous Holiday Bowls. All of the ones the Huskers have played in and a few I went to just because I like going to bowl games.

I personally like the atmosphere. The stadium is getting older, but it is still not a bad place to see a game. It has good site lines and relatively comfortable seats. It is far superior to the rat trap in downtown L.A. (the Coliseum) or that old beat up piece of crap in Pasadena (the Rose Bowl).

At the Holiday Bowl they always have a lot of military there since there are several U.S. Navy and Marine Corp bases close by. Also, since the Huskers usually travel so well, and there are SO many transplants out here in California, there is usually a good number of Husker fans to cheer/commiserate with during the game.

I know this is no big deal, but they also have an AWESOME fireworks show at half time, but you have to go out of the stadium to the outside walkways to really enjoy it in all its glory.

And I know this has nothing to do with the atmosphere of the game, but....if you are coming out to California for the game, you get to spend time in San Diego...lots to do. The San Diego Zoo, San Diego Wild Animal Park (just up the frwy), Sea World, LegoLand (also up the frwy a bit) and L.A. is only a couple of hours away if you want to do Disneyland, Universal, go stroll the Walk of Fame in Hollywood, etc. You can also hang out at the beach...it won't be like summer, but you can go down and have a picnic, the weather will be good... and the Gas Lamp district of San Diego is a lot of fun. Lots of places to get a drink, good restaurants with street-side dining...very cool atmosphere down there at night.

Only thing I recommend...I know it's San Diego, and people coming from Nebraska are used to the cold....but it is always a lot chillier at game time that you might expect. Bring a jacket.

Of course, all of this might be mute if NU goes to Frisco South.

• Fire 1