Tanking on purpose

Former ADSE was all obsessed about the "energy bus" he forgot to hire an energetic coach. Instead, we have a zombie roaming the sidelines.

Also, for someone who talked a big game about energy vampires, he was quite the hermit himself. I think Perlman and Eichorst were/are incompetent individuals. We've got the new President, Chancellor, and AD in place. Now, all we need next is the coach. Things are looking up and it's time to undo all the BS that's occurred since 2001.

53 minutes ago, unlfan said:

FWIW, in my view SE misread the fan base. SE was mad at Bo because Bo didn’t respect him as a leader. SE thought the fans would be happy with any “nice guy” that went about things “the right way”.

He made a severe miscalculation. Nebraska fans care about winning first and foremost. That miscalculation cost him his job and set this program back.

Luckily, it looks like we've got an AD who isn't in over his head (Pedey and Eichworst.)

6 hours ago, unlfan said:

FWIW, in my view SE misread the fan base. SE was mad at Bo because Bo didn’t respect him as a leader. SE thought the fans would be happy with any “nice guy” that went about things “the right way”.

He made a severe miscalculation. Nebraska fans care about winning first and foremost. That miscalculation cost him his job and set this program back.

SE was brought in to fire Bo, because Pearlman wanted Bo gone. SE just did it a year too late. Also, SE thought anyone could win 8-9 games a season, and didn’t think Riley was that bad of a coach so he would be able to do that.  I do agree with you in that SE misread NU fans thinking that we would be appeased by Riley, as long as he was nice. But, SE didn’t realize how a lot of NU fans would realize that Riley is a mediocre coach who was about to be fired at Oregon State. 

• Plus1 1