Holiday Bowl - Local Support

LJsurf41

All,

I've lived in SD for quite a few years now and want to welcome all of you to this fine city for the Holiday Bowl. If any of you need any tips/suggestions as to where to go or which beaches to visit, do not hesitate to contact me; I am at your service. Drop me a PM. Looking forward to seeing the Huskers play in SD again and hopefully take down SC.

post-11407-0-36580000-1418775926_thumb.jpg

All,

I am at your service.

You have room for 8 in your place?

I live with two gorgeous yoga instructors...as nice as they are I don't think the girls would be down for that plan. However I can help you find a cheap spot that is close to the beach and should be a fun place. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you my contact information. Mahalo

All,

I am at your service.

I live with two gorgeous yoga instructors...as nice as they are I don't think the girls would be down for that plan. However I can help you find a cheap spot that is close to the beach and should be a fun place. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you my contact information. Mahalo

Stop your friggin' bragging!

• Fire 1

All,

I am at your service.

Have room for one then? :thumbs

We already have our hotel lined up, appreciate the offer for help. Are you attending the game/tailgating?

• Fire 1

All,

I am at your service.

Have room for one then? :thumbs

We already have our hotel lined up, appreciate the offer for help. Are you attending the game/tailgating?

I have not bought tickets yet. I will figure it out next week. Usually someone here locally will part with prime tickets for cheap close to game time. That being said if there is not epic surf the day of I will be at the tailgate. If there is swell I will pop in and head to the stadium. It's a mission getting into that place. If you are tailgating and want to try a local delicacy, go to:

Seaside Market

2087 San Elijo Avenue
Cardiff, CA 92007
Go to the meat department and ask for the Bergundy Tri-Tip. Each one is about 3-4 lbs and feeds 4-5 easy. The cost per is about ~$40.00 and well worth it. I feed this to family/friends from back home who were raised on KC bbq and they can't believe how good it is. We have a name for it: "Cardiff Crack"
I send one home to my old man from Ogalalla for his birthday every year and he is stoked on it.
For beaches I recommend heading to La Jolla. If you have a smaller group one of two spots are the best:
1. Rockpile
Use this address:
308 Vista De La Playa
La Jolla, CA 92037
That is a residence but next to the house you will see a small parking lot and ninja public beach access. This is a local spot so be mindful of bringing a crowd and be respectful. I night dive for lobster and surf big waves at this spot. Super sick!
2. Hogans
Use this address:
6204 Camino De La Costa
La Jolla, CA 92037
Also a residence. To the left of
the house is a path for beach
access. At low tide this is
basically your own private
beach. Big waves and lobster
out front!