Let Us Pray: Holiday Bowl Edition

And cheer as the winners go by,

We really need to change this. It no longer represents how our fans react to losing. I was in Madison the first time and Indy for the Championship and saw no such display of sportsmanship. Read the posts here...it's all negative.

We still have some that act like this. If you go to a Husker home game, some of the old timers and such, they still clap for the opponent sometimes.

I've always hated this idea myself. I get it, I understand it. Sportsmanship is great. At least the idea of it sounds good. I guess I like the Wisconsin and Ohio St. type fans a bit more. That sort of "this is our house!" mindset.

Nebraska fans tend to carry this self-righteous high and mighty badge of honor with this whole "cheer as the winners go by" thing. That's fine, but it's not always because we are better fans. I've always thought it was more so easy to cheer the opponent in their victory as a Husker fan in the past. How many times did we have to do it? 10-15 times in 20 years? I mean, it's a pretty easy way to be when we were always the ones handing out the ass whipping.

As a fan base we are kind of getting used to being on the other end of things now. Now it's not so easy to be all nice and polite when we are watching our team play sloppy football and seeing our defense exposed week after week. Watching a bumbling offense blow brilliant field position in more games than I can count, not just last night. It begins tompiss you off and you become just like every other team. Because every other team has gone through this.

By the way, I still think we have great fans. Probably the best in college football really. I don't think guys like you (Frustrated) and many others here understand just how piss poor some other fan bases are. I also would never bet that this website is a true representation of the majority of this fan base. Most of the old farmers around here don't even know what a message board is.

Obviously its biased opinion but I think we still have some of the best fans in all the nation.

The butthurt negativity that gets spewed at Husker fans by Mizzou, KSU, and Colorado fans still to this day is mind boggling. Id be happy to clap for them as they wandered off in defeat any day.