Even Fox News is outraged at Boehner's undermining of Obama

This is "the day" your grandfather was talking about when he used to say, "I never thought I'd see the day..."

Fox News is denouncing John Boehner's invitation of Benjamin Netanyahu, Israel's Prime Minister, to speak before Congress. Boehner made this invitation without the knowledge or approval of the White House.

Fox News is not exactly known as an ally of the Obama administration, especially when it comes to disputes between Obama and House Speaker John Boehner, or disputes between Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Yet two prominent Fox News hosts, Chris Wallace and Shepherd Smith, harshly criticized Boehner and Netanyahu on Friday for secretly arranging a Netanyahu speech to Congress that is transparently aimed at undermining President Obama, and set up without the White House's knowledge.

And to make you get a sense of really how, forgive me, wicked, this whole thing is, the Secretary of State John Kerry met with the Israeli Ambassador to the United States for two hours on Tuesday, Ron Dermer. The ambassador, never mentioned the fact that Netanyahu was in negotiations and finally agreed to come to Washington, not to see the president, but to go to Capitol Hill, speak to a joint session of congress and criticize the president's policy. I have to say I'm shocked. - Chris Wallace

not so surprising - Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace are not far right by any means. I consider Wallace to be a pretty fair TV host/reporter - who normally doesn't pull punches regardless of the guest he is interviewing -- liberal or conservative.

What I am surprised by is how Boehner pulled this off wtout any State Dept knowledge. I always assumed that the SD was involved in all such travel/speaking arrangements via diplomatic channels. But then again, I guess Congress, as an independent branch of the govt can ask whom they wish to speak before them. Courtesy would have included the SD and tipped off the President.