USC tickets

hoyamannn

No matter how bad it may have gotten we still have a reputation in the football world. In honesty the higher price shows respect for our program and the fact that many Nebraska and USC fans will attend this game that nornally do not.

Not a problem, I can hardly wait. But if it is a 6pm kickoff my tickets will quickly be available to anyone that wants them. Will not attend a nite game there for any reason.

Their games very rarely sell out. Just in the last couple of years has attendance been positive.

Many season ticket holders only attend the Notre Dame and UCLA game.

There is just too much to do in Southern California is the story. Just too many band wagon fans is the real answer. If they are not winning you would not even know college football existed on the news. But as soon as either have a winning season going they are front page information.

I had UCLA season tickets a few years back. I am sure they are close to giving them away again. You can buy season tickets for any Pac 10 school I would imagine. Just not that big of deal compared to the Big 12 and Big 10.

No matter how bad it may have gotten we still have a reputation in the football world. In honesty the higher price shows respect for our program and the fact that many Nebraska and USC fans will attend this game that nornally do not.

Not a problem, I can hardly wait. But if it is a 6pm kickoff my tickets will quickly be available to anyone that wants them. Will not attend a nite game there for any reason.

How bad is it at night there? I would think if your in the parking areas it should be ok, if you leave as soon as its over. I lived in West Covina for awhile a long, long time ago for three months, didn't seem bad out there then.

GBR!!!

No matter how bad it may have gotten we still have a reputation in the football world.  In honesty the higher price shows respect for our program and the fact that many Nebraska and USC fans will attend this game that nornally do not.

Not a problem, I can hardly wait.  But if it is a 6pm kickoff my tickets will quickly be available to anyone that wants them.  Will not attend a nite game there for any reason.

How bad is it at night there? I would think if your in the parking areas it should be ok, if you leave as soon as its over. I lived in West Covina for awhile a long, long time ago for three months, didn't seem bad out there then.

GBR!!!

Look under the NU /SC TIX thread, I posted lodging and stadium info - It's kind of a stay alive in LA guide.

There is just too much to do in Southern California is the story.

What a joke, I've been living here for years and I don't really think there is any more to do here than in Omaha. And at least in Omaha you can get to where you want to go in less than 2 hours :D

Last year I heard on the news that more people in LA watched the Mexican soccer team play on TV than watched USC games and Lakers games combined.

How bad is it at night there? I would think if your in the parking areas it should be ok, if you leave as soon as its over.

USC is in a pretty bad area, but when I've gone there during the day to go to museums and such I haven't hesitated to park on residential streets off campus and walk a couple of blocks. If it does turn out to be a night game I would definitely park on campus though, and I wouldn't be all that concerned. There will be tens of thousands of people leaving the stadium around the same time and likely plenty of security. I'd be more worried about traffic.

Joekum,

The comment was, just bandwagon fans.

There are murders in that area of Los Angeles almost every nite. So go ahead and walk the streets if you want. Most people coming from Nebraska for this game have no idea of what they are stepping into. I personally would not attend at nite unless I was taking a chartered bus to and from the area. Which I assume will be available. I am sure Californians for Nebraska will set something up. I will look into that and post the info if it happens.

Kawasaki Motor Corp used to do that for the families during the Super Bowl of Motocross. The racers took up most of the parking near the stadium and people were forced to park in the out lying neighborhoods. Damage to vehicles and injuries/murders to spectators is the reason the AMA left the Colisuem. This is fact I know, as I ran part of the motocross team for Kawasaki then.

Joekum,

There are murders in that area of Los Angeles almost every nite.  So go ahead and walk the streets if you want.  Most people coming from Nebraska for this game have no idea of what they are stepping into.  I personally would not attend at nite unless I was taking a chartered bus to and from the area.  Which I assume will be available.  I am sure Californians for Nebraska will set something up.  I will look into that and post the info if it happens. 

Kawasaki Motor Corp used to do that for the families during the Super Bowl of Motocross.  The racers took up most of the parking near the stadium and people were forced to park in the out lying neighborhoods.  Damage to vehicles and injuries/murders to spectators is the reason the AMA left the Colisuem.  This is fact I know,  as I ran part of the motocross team for Kawasaki then.

Once again go to the NU / SC GAMEDAY SUGGESTIONS thread - I listed areas to stay and where to park and how to get there and how long it takes. I've lived out here since 1992 and before that visited releatives for 6 weeks every summer since 1980. My recomendations are the ones you should consider, and if you don't your welcome to try it on your own. There's an old saying out here - LA is home to me - but for others it can be a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!

There are murders in that area of Los Angeles almost every nite. So go ahead and walk the streets if you want.

I meant no disrespect toward you, you said "There is just too much to do in Southern California is the story", and I was directing my comments at those who put out that story not you.

I certainly would not walk that area at night, off campus. During the day I haven't felt that I was in danger there. Of course it only takes one time being wrong to end up in the hospital or worse.

Single game tickets are no longer available for this game!!!

I waited a long time to find out how many people wanted to go to the game in my group so I didn't get my order in until Monday morning at 3 a.m. I hope my tickets aren't in the nose bleeds. On the other hand I'm really glad I got my order in before they sold out!!!

Yea pretty much my story. No problems during the day. I imagine if it turns out to be a nite game and there isn't a shuttle I will be watching from home. I live near Palm Springs in the Garner Valley area. Have been here for a little over 20 years. In the Marine Corps prior so know the area pretty well.

I just want people to be very careful. Where this game is being played is a long way from Nebraska in more ways than one. This is not the Rose Bowl or anything like it. Those that made the trip to the Rose Bowl may have a false sense of security. Just words for thought to all attending.

does that mean that NE has sold out all available seats or what?

USC suspended single game ticket sales until atleast April 1st. There's a story in the Omaha World Herald or www.omaha.com under the Big Red Sports link. USC needs to fill season ticket applications first, There were over 7700 ticket sales in the last week most from out of state. NEBRASKA still will get their 5000 ticket allotmant this fall - That means at least 10,000 fans coming - My dad and I have 20 tickets for family and friends. :restore2:cheers