2050: China, USA, India - 3 largest economies in that order

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-23/mexico-to-overtake-russia-by-2050-as-u-s-slides

So how will the fall of the USA from #1 to #2 affect the geo-political world we live in? It seems to me that we are going to have to learn

to share power much more than we've had to in the past. We are no longer the world's sole super power as we were after the fall

of the Soviet empire. The cold war separated countries into 2 major camps - democracy and communism . Now the lines are somewhat

blurred as we see China and other communist countries embracing limited capitalism and growing as a result.

It is interesting to read about the predicted fall of of Europe and Japan - primarily due to their aging population. The USA appears to be

countering this trend wt our immigration policy - allowing a flood of workers in. However to compete we also need highly educated and skilled

workers as well and this should remain a strong emphasis.

Side note: note directly related but I got thinking about it: is their a link between the number of abortions done in this country since 1973 and our

need for more workers and to counter our aging population? I think there is a link but I have not done or seen any strong research on that topic.