Best individual offensive Husker performance?

Best individual offensive Husker performance?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know he's not remembered fondly in much of Huskerland, but Jamal Lord's performance against Texas in 2002 ranks right up there. JL ran for 234 yards (320 rushing for the team) and threw for another 98, accounting for 79% of the total offense. That was against a Texas team that finished 11-2 and ranked #7.

Most impressive to me was that his surrounding cast was the least talented among the teams we're discussing in this thread. However, JL did throw the pick at the goal line that sealed NU's fate.

UGH! I was at that game. I remember DeJuan Groce and that punt return. I was just a freshman in high school then. I remember turning to my dad and saying "were gunna freaking win this game!!!" Then Lord threw that pick. I never liked JL ever again. :P

Vasher did make a ridiculous grab though to secure that interception....it really wasn't a horrible pass.

Darn whipper-snappers. No appreciation for true greatness. JR destroyed undefeated Alabama by himself in the alleged game of the century II

Many younger fans have no idea how great that performance was. To me, a big performance in a meaningless game doesn't mean near as much, and a big performance against a bad team means nearly nothing.