Over-the-air antenna

Have any of you used an over-the-air antenna before? I'm having people over to my house on Saturday and have a tv in the living room, man cave, and bar but want to put another on the deck for smokers and anyone else who'd like to hang out outside. Since the game is on ABC I think I'll be ok but I live about 45 miles (line of sight) from the nearest ABC broadcast tower. I bought an antenna rated for a 50 mile radius. I didn't think the tuner in the TV would be enough at that distance. Do you think I'll be okay. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a digital antenna. Works great. I've gotten a sharper picture over the air with that antenna than through a cable.

Just put the antenna somewhere high, with as little through the house line-of-sight from the source as possible (as in, your roof/upper floor would be OK, but try to avoid LOS through your main floor).

Attach the antenna, search for channels, and you should be good to go.

• Fire 1

I have a Mohu Leaf antenna that I have inside so I can watch other games from a second TV if they are ota, and I'm picking up station from at least 50 miles away. You may or may not have to put yours on the roof. Play with how it needs to be pointed to get the best signal. The nice thing is that as long as you are getting a signal and it is not pixellated, you are good to go.

• Fire 1

I have a Mohu Leaf antenna that I have inside so I can watch other games from a second TV if they are ota, and I'm picking up station from at least 50 miles away. You may or may not have to put yours on the roof. Play with how it needs to be pointed to get the best signal. The nice thing is that as long as you are getting a signal and it is not pixellated, you are good to go.

I second the Leaf. I'm only 10 miles from my nearest towers, but I just attached it to the wall behind my TV. Picture is excellent unless there is interference from heavy rain etc. I use this plus a Sling TV subscription during football season and have never missed cable TV for even a second.

• Fire 1