Dline- hands up??

Sorry if this has maybe discussed, if so then my bad. I dont post often but always am always on here reading for recruiting news and injury updates. Or to see how many "fire (insert coach name here threads)". But is it just me or does it seem like this year the D line is simply not getting hands up to disrupt QB passing lanes or tip passes. I have been noticing this a lot throughout the early season. There were several seam routes or plays in the middle of the field were if the D line would get their hands up i think the passes would have been deflected. Just seems that tipped passes happened often in the past and you saw that a lot but not seeing it as much or at all this year. The D line in my opinion is getting a decent push and i think they could have tipped or disrupted several passes. Sadly the same could be said for the secondary, in good position (many times) but cant turn heads and get the hand up.

I saw hands up a couple of times today. I also liked the way the middle of the D-Line bull rushed right through to the QB a few times. Illinois had only allowed one sack before today. Did we do something new today, or is the Illinois O-line really bad?

I think our d-line just flat out played better. Moving Collins around seemed to work

Putting hands up when a pass is thrown is one of the most underrated and under coached things for a defensive line to do. If a defensive lineman or linebacker isn't going to get to the quarterback and isn't in coverage, it's a cheap and easy way to knock down a pass or get an easy interception for a defensive back. Best of all, there is no down side to doing so.