Illinois 10-year talent/success (chart)

Here's my analysis of the relative talent on Illinois's roster for a 10-year span vs their final poll position. I included Nebraska's relative talent as a point of reference.

Don't misconstrue this information as facts.

I simply created a 3-way average of recruiting rankings, a 3-way average of final poll position, and calculated a 4-year average recruiting rank for each year. That means that for 2015's "Talent" number, I averaged the recruiting rankings for 2012-2015.

Please don't use this thread to argue against the validity of star ratings. I only mean to provide some perspective and background on our opponent.

Thanks! (graph to follow)

• Fire 1

Illinois is an enigma in college football they should be consistently a lot better than they are. There is a lot of good talent in the state of Illinois, but they just don't seem to care.

^^ Yeah, this is exactly right. Illinois is a sleeping giant. Not terrible, but certainly not hitting on all cylinders. With the right coach the Illini could become a powerhouse. And Beckman wasn't the right guy to take them to that next level. Too bad he got fired.